User

Default Re: Wrong caliber listed with CFR

Ok, so I handed in a licensed for my .30 Rem today :D

Hold thumbs.

User

My latest was handed in as 22lr and licenced as
    ".22 short/long/LR rifle".

Maybe they know something I don't The Winchester is capable of it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    My latest was handed in as 22lr and licenced as
    ".22 short/long/LR rifle".

Maybe they know something I don't The Winchester is capable of it.
    Wow! That is a new one!

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    Wow! That is a new one!
    You know what would really be the bee's knees? Actually finding some long and short for sale

It was my turn today. Bought a Ruger .38 spl Police Service Six while down in CT on 21 Dec. Done with paperwork including NSA endorsement for .38 spl i head to DFO this morning. Step 1 they check serial number on system and it comes back as .357 magnum.

I already own a .357 so i really wanted the .38 . Phoned the dealer and the guy who helped me will be back on Tuesday so i sent them an email with scanned copy of SAP system printout. The other salesman said i would need an inspection report from a gunsmith and then apply for change in calibre. So now i find myself in the same boat. Do i try and get the calibre changed and then hand in application, or both matters together, or do i change the app to a .357 and then try to fix the calibre later? At this point i believe the dealer will sort out the gunsmith report so i am thinking rather fix the mistake first, otherwise this will be my problem later. And how long will the correction take, that is the million dollar question.

I was so excited when i left home, only to hear the bad news and have the wheels come off. "Sorry we cannot process your application now. Contact the dealer and get them to fix this."

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    It was my turn today. Bought a Ruger .38 spl Police Service Six while down in CT on 21 Dec. Done with paperwork including NSA endorsement for .38 spl i head to DFO this morning. Step 1 they check serial number on system and it comes back as .357 magnum.

I already own a .357 so i really wanted the .38 . Phoned the dealer and the guy who helped me will be back on Tuesday so i sent them an email with scanned copy of SAP system printout. The other salesman said i would need an inspection report from a gunsmith and then apply for change in calibre. So now i find myself in the same boat. Do i try and get the calibre changed and then hand in application, or both matters together, or do i change the app to a .357 and then try to fix the calibre later? At this point i believe the dealer will sort out the gunsmith report so i am thinking rather fix the mistake first, otherwise this will be my problem later. And how long will the correction take, that is the million dollar question.

I was so excited when i left home, only to hear the bad news and have the wheels come off. "Sorry we cannot process your application now. Contact the dealer and get them to fix this."
    The other options are to have the cylinder reamed out to 357 mag or just live with it as it is. Having 38 Spl ammo for a 357 licnsed gun is perfectly legal under the FCA.

You should be able to get 38spl ammo as AR said.

So the dealer sent me a letter from gunsmith confirming that it is a .38spl calibre. But now i see that identification number on SAPS firearm register and identification number in gunsmith report are different. Both refer to same serial number. I am going to DFO on monday morning with this info but i dont have the best feeling about this. Its difficult enough processing day to day stuff. How will or will they be able to fix this?

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    The whole .22 thing with CFR is very messed up. Sometimes they get it right, other times not. My .22 LR rifle is licensed as a ".22 Long Rifle", my NAA .22 Magnum is licensed as ".22 Magnum Revolver" and my Colt Derringer in .22 Short is licensed as ".22 pistol".
    I just licensed an Armscor M1600
    Semi-auto .22LR and my licence came back with Manually Operated Rifle under Type. This after the gunshop applied to have to changed on the system. Smh It's like they don't even look at what is written on the 271.

User

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    I just licensed an Armscor M1600
    Semi-auto .22LR and my licence came back with Manually Operated Rifle under Type. This after the gunshop applied to have to changed on the system. Smh It's like they don't even look at what is written on the 271.
    Same here. A semi automatic Beretta longrifle listed as manually operated rifle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast