Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Farm attacks 2017

It's time farmers also wise up and realize they are a target and no one is coming to help them. Sadly I suspect many farmers and plot dwellers are unarmed and will remain so...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    It's time farmers also wise up and realize they are a target and no one is coming to help them. Sadly I suspect many farmers and plot dwellers are unarmed and will remain so...
    I know a few farmers subscribe to the whole "It won't happen to me" mind set.

When I visited a friend's farm the security seemed rather lax with unlocked doors and open windows everywhere.

I asked whether he carries a FA or if one is at least close to him while he sleeps, he responded that guns are for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post
    I know a few farmers subscribe to the whole "It won't happen to me" mind set.

When I visited a friend's farm the security seemed rather lax with unlocked doors and open windows everywhere.

I asked whether he carries a FA or if one is at least close to him while he sleeps, he responded that guns are for hunting.
    I know a few farmers like these. They are pro gun, but leave the doors open and don't carry because "there won't be an attack on this farm" although there were several attacks not far from them. At least I could convince the one oom to start carrying on the farm.

User

Default Farm attacks 2017

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfri...ttack-20170311

With a drill! From her injuries reported one can sort of assume what they did with that drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfri...ttack-20170311

With a drill! From her injuries reported one can sort of assume what they did with that drill.

So how many more farmers needs to be tortured to death/ half to death before our competent government admits that these aren't robberies gone wrong? This is clearly not just robberies or "normal" murders, this is purely hate driven, senseless slaughtering of innocent people.

I have unfortunately attended to one double farm murder incident in the Western Cape. In my short career in EMS I have never seen such a brutal scene. This is the only scene I've been on that truly rattled my cage, I honestly don't know how a "person" can have so much hatred embedded in themselves to torture/murder a 70 year old couple in their own home.

User

Does anyone here actually think that our government will do something about this situation?

I think they have more important things to worry about, like where will they get the money for their next Mercedes or Land Rover. Or devising plans on how to get rid of the next honest minister that do not want to conform to their 'standards'.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

User

User

User

http://www.biznews.com/undictated/20...ime=1490005388

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast