Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: IPSC Revolver

Default Re: IPSC Revolver

So then where would a S&W 686 6shot and a 929 8 shot fit in? And what happens if one of the guns has a comp?

Banned

I shot my rollie (Taurus 606 2") on two club shoots. It is real fun. Virtually no competition, lots of oohs and aahs, but respect from other shooters as well.

I used 4 speed loaders in a diy rig plus two more in my pants' pocket. It is not for serious competitive shooting but great fun.

And I agree that shooting a rollie is hands down more fun than a pistol, but that is of course a very debatable and personal opinion.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Let410 View Post
    So then where would a S&W 686 6shot and a 929 8 shot fit in? And what happens if one of the guns has a comp?
    Best would be to read the rule book.

Banned

I shot my rollie (Taurus 606 2") on two club shoots. It is real fun. Virtually no competition, lots of oohs and aahs, but respect from other shooters as well.

I used 4 speed loaders in a diy rig plus two more in my pants' pocket. It is not for serious competitive shooting but great fun.

And I agree that shooting a rollie is hands down more fun than a pistol, but that is of course a very debatable and personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Best would be to read the rule book.
    I suppose one could remove the comp on the 929 for rollie division.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Afaik that 6 shot major 8 round minor is USPSA revolver not Ipsc
    It's in the current IPSC rules as well, probably adopted from USPSA. If memory serves me right, in the past it used to be 6 rounds max end of story.

User

I shoot a S&W625JM .45 with monoclips at club level mostly. Big T is right about the way a stage normally runs, although I've been having trouble with light strikes of late.

The current round count is under review and has been proposed to increase it to 8. You are not allowed to shoot more than 6 rounds before reloading, no matter the cylinder capacity. More shots fired that that before a reload incurs a procedural per shot. You will be classified as "Revolver" and not under Production AFAIK. (It's listed under Appendix D5 of the current IPSC rules). No compensators. Major factor is 170. Minor 125 (as usual) with minimum 9mm caliber - this is independent of the round count.

lithium.

I must admit I did miss that about the comps when reading the Revolver division briefing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3