Why should I even be bothered with this sh*t (because I EDC) ?

This question was posed to me recently in response to a discussion around counter custody/captivity and the art of escapology. Indeed, why should you be bothered?

When something which is inexpensive, mostly simple and relatively easy to learn and or acquire can dramatically improve the odds in my favour in anything in life, you will have my undivided attention. How about you?

The above parameters, ie being inexpensive, mostly simple and relatively easy to learn and or acquire, apply directly to everything related to the skills, knowledge and tools required to significantly & favourably improve your odds in the event of being held against your will.

No matter how unlikely you may wish to believe such an event to be, when it happens, it will be a life altering experience, guaranteed. You can choose to plan, prepare and practice for it and do some pro-active risk reduction in your favour, or ignore it and pretend it doesn’t apply to you (as most seem to choose to do).

Considering the aforementioned parameters, ie being inexpensive, mostly simple and relatively easy to learn, contrasted with the profoundly life altering (in a very bad way) consequences of not being ready for such an event it is very hard to comprehend why this is such a hard sell. Are we barking up the wrong tree? Just thought we’d put this out there………

Your considered comments and contributions are welcome, as always.