Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default The unpleasantries of being taken for a ride

Good evening fellow gunsiters. First and foremost for the time being I'm not going to divulge too much detail in terms of naming and shaming but feel free tho chime in with advice. If this is in the wrong section, moderators please move.
    So last year end September I've decided to go ahead and buy a benelli m2 shotgun. Found a really good deal from a 'reputable' dealer/agent/importer. I specifically asked to be quoted on a benelli m2 field in 28inch barrel. Got quoted as such and subsequently invoiced. Paid in full received the paper a week later and of to hand in application. Licence approved December and printed, received first week January and gun was shipped when the shop reopened for business. So excited went to fetch the gun at ram depot early on Friday last week.

Now here's the kicker. I've been sent a benelli montefeltro! Serial numbers etc match the license! Called to explain the problem, but the dealer is adamant that it is an m2! Decided to send gun back on Monday and demand a refund. No reply on emails if and when he answers his landlines he is still adamant the gun is an m2! Nowhere on the gun does it state m2 and the booklet is for a montefeltro! It's got the chrome bolt flat rib etc of the montefeltro etc. Getting a lawyer involved seem to be the only option now. Worst part is I'll have to go through the whole process again if and when I get my money back. Lesson learnt:if you are buying a gun from a distant gunshop do ask for pictures and don't assume they know what they are talking about! Feel free to give any further advice I'm really at my wits end! Rant over. Still not really feeling any better though!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: The unpleasantries of being taken for a ride

Ouch. That must suck.
    Paying for a 7 series and getting a 1 series BMW...
    Hope you get your money back.

User

Could the CPA not assist here?
    you were invoiced for something you did not receive

User

Does it clearly state on the invoice that you paid for a M2?

A quick google search suggests that there is about a $300-$400 price difference between the two.

Here is what I would've done:
    First of all, don't shoot the thing.
    Secondly contact Benelli and request a letter stating that these are in fact two different models(and the differences between them) and what the price difference is between them.
    Contact the dealer with this info and ask if they will assist in a refund or replace with the correct model. If no joy, contact a lawyer and continue with a case.

Why don't you just name the dealer? It's not defamation if it's true.

Didn't shoot it sent it back ASAP. And yes was clearly quoted and invoiced for an M2! Gun should be delivered back tomorrow. Spoke to a lawyer he will send them a letter tomorrow I'd guess. Will reveal the name as soon as resolved! Won't be amicably I'm afraid

Oh I did send benelli a mail wit the serial numbers to confirm model. Clear difference between the two explained on their website also

User

I almost made the same mistake... I also wont name the dealer as I was partially to blame too.. And they are not just a gun shop.. (May have given it away)..

There was a special running on the tikka T3 "varmint" models in 260 Remington.. I phoned them but all were sold out.. I was referred to other stores and left messages.. So a day later the one shop phones me back.. and tells me they have a T3 for me in .260 Remington.. I jumped with joy, booked one.. They e mailed me the invoice..

I open my online banking, put in all the banking details, and as I punch in the price, I read in the contents of the invoice "Tikka T3 HUNTER".. Not Varmint

I phoned the gentleman to verify if this is for the Tikka T3 varmint.. And he says yes!!! So I asked, that why does it say Hunter on the invoice.. I already own a Hunter..

The gentleman was friendly and said, "Dis 'n tikka Meneer.. As jy nie tevrede voel nie, moet ek eerder in kom en kom kyk..

A week later when I visited the store, It was a Hunter..

I had almost made a costly mistake.. Lesson learnt.

I hope this works out for you @ cornepotgieter28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is I've luckily got everything on email! Was quoted and invoiced for an M2 which it definitely is not! Best to ask for pictures in future!

User

Hi Cornepotgieter28, just for reference purposes I'm the gent from Suburban Guns that you told the story to on the phone the other day.

You got a raw deal, and my offer stands if you need help confirming the diff end models, but it seems like you have done well in that regard. If there's anything else I can do to assist please feel free to reach out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast