Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Armed house robber taken out by owner with shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    "The results for the two unmodified barrels, the Remington Improved Cylinder and Cylinder, showed an average spread of .58″ and .60″ respectively."

Thanks!
    And considering that he was called a hunter at some stage, it may very well have been a SbS, choke Full and 3/4. So compared to the accuracy of most with handguns, almost a precision instrument.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    Ek het lanklaas sulke kak gehoor.
    Depends on how it was meant, if as a warning and to reinforce the notion that we should always be prepared for the worst and not give a quarter to criminals, then you are wrong, its spot on.

If meant that this omie should not have taken the action, as it will cause someone else strife down the line, then you are spot on.

User

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    Depends on how it was meant, if as a warning and to reinforce the notion that we should always be prepared for the worst and not give a quarter to criminals, then you are wrong, its spot on.

If meant that this omie should not have taken the action, as it will cause someone else strife down the line, then you are spot on.
    English is my second language but having read and re read your post it sounds like you are saying that people should not fight back.

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    English is my second language but having read and re read your post it sounds like you are saying that people should not fight back.
    After reading your comment once, I wonder how you ever came to that conclusion

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Quite the opposite in fact. The second paragraph is the key. He states that the idea that not fighting back because it might lead to further escalation of violence in future = kak as put forth by ProudPrado.

User

All I can think about is the Huguenot tunnel sized wound track through that cranium while I sip my tea. Strangely satisfying.

User

What I tried to comunicate was that this robbery was a total duck up. (Crim side)
    And it is unlikely that they will give up their thug life manners. So the next robbery they will change strategy to control the situation ,hence the escalating the violence comment. They most probably going to shoot first and ask for goodies later. I definitely did not mean welcome them with open legs!

User

Well done Dad!

The thing about spread pattern myth is quite a mindset shift. I've been totally against a shottie for CQB purposes because I've believed the myth of spread. Did a shotgun stage this week and missed plates because my aim was off (ever so slightly ;-) ).

Was a wake-up call to me to rethink certain "knowns" and to, of course, question everything and seek out the truth for myself.

User

Quote Originally Posted by R Scholtz View Post
    What I tried to comunicate was that this robbery was a total duck up. (Crim side)
    And it is unlikely that they will give up their thug life manners. So the next robbery they will change strategy to control the situation ,hence the escalating the violence comment. They most probably going to shoot first and ask for goodies later. I definitely did not mean welcome them with open legs!
    The only control they have is to choose their targets better, something like an anti-gun activists home...

We can contribute my making their whereabouts known...

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    The only control they have is to choose their targets better, something like an anti-gun activists home...

We can contribute my making their whereabouts known...
    Anti Gun activists usually have guns and security !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast