Thread: Habituated Hog.

Banned

Default Re: Habituated Hog.

[QUOTE=Wanderin' Zero;1135374 Too many people I suppose....[/QUOTE]

And thats it all summed up - too many survivors in the human race

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    And thats it all summed up - too many survivors in the human race
    And it took how many thousands of years to grasp it at last?

User

TStone...thanks for sharing,it allways amazes me about just how prehistoric these pigs look if you really study them.

WZ...In the era of the old time hunters,there was no concept of conservation,no fingers were pointed and a successfull hunt was determined by the size of the bag or the amount of money made.
    Times change.
    As recently as a couple of decades ago there were large tracts of african wilderness areas given to hunting safari operations as hunting concessions.This was the pinnacle of conservation as animal numbers were carefully controlled on a sustainable basis,poaching was controlled and animals flourished.Hunting equalled conservation.Why....Money.
    These areas where hunting has been banned or politics/greenie pressure has stopped it are now animal wastelands.Why..money. poaching,often goverment sanctioned is rampant.
    You continually hear of game farms that are a conservation success story,passion for animals,love of nature,blah blah blah.These are the first farmers that would shoot all their animals and put the land under the plough the very second that a mielie became more valuable than a kudu...again money.

Sorry,i seem to get more cynical with age.The single biggest problem is over population.If the earth could be controlled and managed with the same concept of sustainable usage to keep an optimum level of animals,as in a game farm,without vegetation degradation,we ,as the human race would be in trouble.The culling teams would be kept busy for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    WZ...In the era of the old time hunters,there was no concept of conservation,no fingers were pointed and a successfull hunt was determined by the size of the bag or the amount of money made.
    Times change.
    Agreed. And one should be very careful about judging events of previous eras against contemporary values.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Unfortunately,even with the best of intentions,some contemporary values are arrived at by ill informed emotionalism.

Although...my mates and i have solved bigger issues around a fire with the aid of a couple of good bottles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2