Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Section 21 follow ups.

I know that this topic has been discussed numerous times on the forum -

I will be handing in 2 Section 21 applications tomorrow - I am looking for advice. I've contributed to the GS fund, but until more people decide to join the fight, it seems that I will have to go on alone with this one.

1. Must the Section 21 be considered within 7 days? (i'm not asking what is going to happen, I'm just asking what is the guidelines set out by the SAPS themselves)

2. If they do not give me an answer within 7 days - I need to find my way to the equality court. Anybody know where it is in Pretoria? What are the cost involved?

3. I would really appreciate it if someone could pm the the personal contact details of the people who swing the scepter at CFR. I am not paying licensing fees have my paper work lost and listening to crappy background music while I'm waiting for someone to answer my call only pass me on to someone else.
    Last edited by Socrates; 04-05-2010 at 11:29. Reason: Forgoy rant nr 3

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    1. Must the Section 21 be considered within 7 days? (i'm not asking what is going to happen, I'm just asking what is the guidelines set out by the SAPS themselves)
    Nope.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Nope.
    So basicaly I'm wasting perfectly good beer money on an applicaition that can take months to be considered & will probably be denied.. . . .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    So basicaly I'm wasting perfectly good beer money on an applicaition that can take months to be considered & will probably be denied.. . . .
    Exactly - Ive been waiting 8 Months and it seems that mine was lost along the lines...

User

willem 22

I was told by the most senior firearm officer in my province ( Senior Superentendent ) that it is a waste of time and money as it will take as long as the "real" application

If you can proof the need to take part in some over seas sport shoot they might consider to "fast track" it

Told by a good friend of mine today that he as a "business in hunting" is able to let employees use his rifles as long as they have a competency and written permission from him.

Along a similar vein as sec 21.

Interesting?
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    Told by a good friend of mine today that he as a "business in hunting" is able to let employees use his rifles as long as they have a competency and written permission from him.

Interesting?
    Very intresting.
    Seems like the rules of the game change dempending which station you go to, the mood of the specific DFO, the allingment of the planets and the fluctuations of the rubber stamp market in Chille.

decided to generate some more paper today, so will hand in my applications tomorrow.

Will see if I can get lucky......

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post

Interesting?
    True, but only if you work for a hunting outfitter and the rifle is registered in the business name not in the owner name as a personal firearm.

User

It seems as if the police are now refusing to accept sect. 21 applications; at least at the local police service center. Told the applicant that they o longer accept these. Is this true?

User

Quote Originally Posted by gunsports View Post
    It seems as if the police are now refusing to accept sect. 21 applications; at least at the local police service center. Told the applicant that they o longer accept these. Is this true?
    No it is not true. I handed in an app early in May 2010.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast