Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Can you Americans please help me out on current events

The wave of negativity surrounding President Trump certainly is not abating but gathering momentum which perplexes me.

Why can the Democrats simply not trust the system, they would have expected the Republicans to do so. There has been no electoral fraud, the system worked and in fact had the recount continued it would have embarrassed them even more by all counts. The system has nothing to do with popular vote, which may have narrowed had the recounts continued. Taking to the streets pouting like spoiled brats who cannot get there way will still not change the result, or will it?

Even going on the popular vote why is it so difficult to understand that for all intents and purposes half of America actually disagrees with you, believe it or not. It is not as if there is this lunatic right fringe out there that stole an election.

So the question is, why were the Democrats so apathetic at the polling stations? If they felt so strongly about Trump at that time why did they not seal it at the polling stations, why are they trying to reverse the result after the fact?

The only conclusion I am left with is that they were defeated by there own partisan media (those biased toward the liberal perspective). It would appear as if an arrogance was instilled into the Democrats, inculcated by "their" media crowing before the elections, declaring victory based on poor election poll information and poor understanding of the rising wave of discontent with liberal policies.

They must have been so brainwashed by the media that they simply cannot believe they could have lost, conversely now President Trump had to fight hard all the way as he was "apparently" behind the ball game.

So I suppose my real question what is the goal to all this mobilisation and how are the liberals hoping it will affect things going forward.

Please try offer unpartisan opinion as you can I would really like to understand the matter.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Default Re: Can you Americans please help me out on current events

ANC mentality MO.

Very scary for me too.

User

I only differ on one point: the negativity is not gathering momentum - it is manufactured by the exact same (paid) role-players that manufactured negativity about George W during the 2004 campaign, and that continued to manufacture negativity about his presidency during his second term in anticipation of the 2008 election. It is the same manufactured negativity that was brought to bear against McCain in 2008, and Romney in 2012. It is manufactured in the sense that all the people involved in "bolstering" these so-called protest movements, have ties to the Democratic funding-base. Organisations like Planned Parenthood, Black Lives Matter, the NAACP, the Michael Moores, Al Sharptons, George Soroses, the Hollywood celebrity clique, and the mainstream media powerhouses. None of this is spontaneous, representative of grass-roots sentiment, or a remotely honest display of genuine social justice.

How else would one explain the phenomenon of rioters chanting "love trumps hate" before physically attacking police officers, smashing windows, looting shops, and setting cars on fire?

Andrew, the left have always been the true revolutionaries. Just look across the centuries as far back as the French Revolution. As long as the system suits them they play along; when it no longer does, they overthrow it. Think about it and think about history. The left have been very successful in this regard. How many successful revolutions have the conservatives run in the last hundred years? If there is a civil war in America, it will be started by the left. Who may well also win the field at the end of the day. it is hard to know but they may well see support from beyond US borders, depending upon how things develop. A single event could get it going. Consider if the POTUS is assassinated by the left. The rest I'll leave to your imagination.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Following this thread with genuine interest...

User

Because the Democrats are a bunch of crybabies who only accept the system if the results go their way!

User

Interesting concept this.

Give people democracy, and they reject the outcome?

But then, what do people know, where does their reference framework come from?

If you go to a school where everybody teaches you that you are a special snowflake without having to achieve anything, then....you believe that.

But what exactly is a common public perception?
    In this day and age people have only one reference point, the media, if the media tells you trump is bad, where does the opposing argument come from? So every political analyst said it was the middle class, the common man that swung the vote into Trumps favour. Why, well the common man have his feet on the ground, he works to pay his way and financial constrains puts a marker on his outlook. Meaning if the economy is bad, and you outsource all your work(read workforce) then you look upon a business man to fix it, call it an entrepreneur .

What is the average career politician, what qualities except self enrichment do they bring to the table? You have to vote for a career politician or a business man, who gets the nod? I mean take a look at the mentioned liberal voting base, as mentioned by others, many people highly influential in the media. Sure you get business people that makes money from politicians, they are scary, but nothing scares them more than someone who does that on his own.

But, 2017, and words mentioned of mobilization etc, an act that will lead to what? The liberal movement by all accounts does not have the inventory to start anything, it’s the republic voter base where all the firearms are located. So the liberal policy must always first and foremost start by disarming the citizens, leaving them void of putting action to their words.

Back to the start, if all you know is what you are told, and you are fed incorrect information, then people acting upon wrong information is not really that hard a concept to understand. And changing that perception when it’s already instilled is damn hard.

User

We have allowed the liberals to pollute our education system to extent that each generation has become more and more of an entitlement mindset. They've been brainwashed into the belief that the USA is a pure democracy and have no concept or understanding that the USA is constitutional republic or what that is.

I'm afraid that as a nation we're on the brink of losing that which made this nation great, but it won't happen peacefully.
    "There is no second place winner in a gunfight" - B Jordan

User

Well, I'm not an American, but then that applied to the other commentators here as well.

I think we should not forget that the Republican establishment was/is not all that enthusiastic about the Trump presidency either; many Republican leaders had to eat humble pie and just bear with Trump. Then Trump's words and actions have been and still are divisive, just consider his inauguration speech. He insulted and denigrated so many individuals and groups during the campaign, many of them probably are not just going to forgive and forget. This is probably also a pre-emptive ramping up of resistance to some of his more far reaching plans such as to destroy Obamacare and scrap climate protection measures.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    ...Back to the start, if all you know is what you are told, and you are fed incorrect information, then people acting upon wrong information is not really that hard a concept to understand. And changing that perception when it’s already instilled is damn hard.
    Isn't that true everywhere?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast