Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can you Americans please help me out on current events

So out of the last 10 presidents 35 t0 44 i.e. starting in 1961 with President Kennedy 28 years were spent under Democratic presidents and circa 27 years have been under Republican rule. So again this must reflect that the American populace is evenly divided and roughly split down the middle. Where does all the angst come from? There is, to my mind, serious animosity between the two extreme fringes.

So from some of the above posts are only the Democrats sheeple and subject to the media? What then makes the Republicans immune to the same media pressure.

Now this in hindsight was probably the wrong place to start such a topic as I very much doubt that there will be too many liberals on a gun forum.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Watching these 'protests' on tv my wife, who although not a women' s libber, fights for women's rights at every opportunity, commented that the protests by women around the world against Trump have only confirmed the stereotype that women are ignorant, stupid, illogical and emotionally unstable. She had said the same about American protesters after the protests started when Trump won.

Why else, she said, would they be protesting against Trump when he did not say many of the things he was reported to have said, and many other things were taken out of context by the media as usual. So in essence they are protesting about nothing.

She asked why these same women had very little to say about Zuma, the Chinese government, 3/4s of the Middle Eastern governments, Far Eastern governemnts, African governments etc.

My answer was that no one was willing to pay for those protests because those bad boys were all in the pockets of the Western governments and the multi- national conglomerates. Trump is a problem for the establishment because he (up until now) cannot be controlled and one thing all politicians fear is the end of the gravy train and easy money and privilege. I hope that he stays that way.

User

1 million women marched against Trump. 30 million marched to voting stations to vote donald trump

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post
    1 million women marched against Trump. 30 million marched to voting stations to vote donald trump
    Probably the best way of putting it in perspective. Funny how the empty vessels make the most sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post
    ? Clinton got 66,000,000 votes…
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    ? Clinton got 66,000,000 votes…
    Josephine may be referring to the women that voted for Trump. Not all voters.

User

The Democrat and Republican divide is an extremely interesting topic.

Depending on which camp you are in I believe their focus going forward should be targeting the non voting public. The 2 groups are so radically polarised right now I don't think you will be seeing a lot of people crossing over between camps. I stand under correction but something like 40% of the eligible voters didn't even vote, which if true means the single largest group are the group that just couldn't give a damn to vote.

I suspect riots masquerading as peaceful marches with people like Madonna at the forefront calling for acts of treason wont go a long way in swaying the apathetic voter.

On a lighter side, some of the memes and Facebook posts have been quite funny, with people trolling liberals hard. 2 of the comments I saw on my FB feed that the guys got absolutely flamed were:

"Donald Trump got more women walking in one day in office than Michelle Obama did in 8 years with her health drive"

"I feel the womensmarch totally marginalised the other 29 non male genders"

HOOK.LINE.SINKER it was FB comment wars and people defriending like they caught the plague.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    The Democrat and Republican divide is an extremely interesting topic.

Depending on which camp you are in I believe their focus going forward should be targeting the non voting public. The 2 groups are so radically polarised right now I don't think you will be seeing a lot of people crossing over between camps. I stand under correction but something like 40% of the eligible voters didn't even vote, which if true means the single largest group are the group that just couldn't give a damn to vote.

I suspect riots masquerading as peaceful marches with people like Madonna at the forefront calling for acts of treason wont go a long way in swaying the apathetic voter.

On a lighter side, some of the memes and Facebook posts have been quite funny, with people trolling liberals hard. 2 of the comments I saw on my FB feed that the guys got absolutely flamed were:

"Donald Trump got more women walking in one day in office than Michelle Obama did in 8 years with her health drive"

"I feel the womensmarch totally marginalised the other 29 non male genders"

HOOK.LINE.SINKER it was FB comment wars and people defriending like they caught the plague.
    Ernie Els tweeted his congratulations to President Trump. The responses to his tweet are a sight to behold. Unbelievable!!

https://twitter.com/TheBig_Easy/stat...11389566763008

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    Josephine may be referring to the women that voted for Trump. Not all voters.
    Yes just over 30 million women voted for donald trump

User

This has been baffling me too, the poor guy was not even officially in office yet and he already has no chance.

I just think they must grow the fuck up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast