Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman83 View Post
    thanks for the responses! Any idea on cost of the Franchi affinity? I haven't seen any available in KZN?

i have browsed the forums state side, but am always wary about what I read online.
    I believe they're currently retailing for approximately R16k.

They're getting some great reviews, and share a few commonalities with Benelli's.

I think this is an informative video on the actual workings of the Affinity and the likeness to the M2 -

User

Gave them a call it was sold but they have some other options which I will look at. Many Thanks!

User

Honestly if You can make a plan to stretch to a Beretta 1301 you will not regret it.

User

I am a huge Beretta fan! I will see what I can find! The reviews are great for the berettas but the price point new is a little steep for me.

User

I am a huge Beretta fan! I will see what I can find! The reviews are great for the berettas but the price point new is a little steep for me.
    Worth every cent.

I tried another cheaper option. It was a good gun. But the beretta is in a different class. It may work out cheaper in the long run.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Worth every cent.

I tried another cheaper option. It was a good gun. But the beretta is in a different class. It may work out cheaper in the long run.
    I absolutely love my 1301, a good weight balance between a M2 and Versamax and a longer foreend than the M2.

With a case of 12 gauge sitting at about R1000 for 250 the extra bit of gun will be negligible in future.

The shotgun is the most expensive gun to feed for me in 3GN

User

Saw an Akdal MKA 1919 at the local gunshop at a very attractive price... Anybody had much experience with them?

User

Saw an Akdal MKA 1919 at the local gunshop at a very attractive price... Anybody had much experience with them?
    You will spend more money tuning the thing and finding which mags work

User

You buy the gun. You then spend more than the cost of the gun making it work.

You will then have a very competitive open gun, but one that will be more finicky and less robust than the Italian guns.

User

Funny thing about Beretta. They make very good quality firearms so customer service is seldom needed, which is a good thing in the U.S. Over here they have a reputation for horrendous customer service and they've earned it. On the other hand Benelli, Franchi and Stoeger customer service is all handled by Benelli and is very good.

I have two Affinity's for hunting and can attest they are excellent. They're made on the same assembly line as the M2, the major difference being the Affinity recoil spring is on the magazine tube instead of inside the stock, which I prefer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast