Default Robber was shot by the tenant and later died in hospital

Robbers ransack Westville home

One robber was shot by the tenant and later died in hospital. The other four robbers fled.
    December 28, 2016

FIVE armed men robbed a couple at their home in Cochrane Place in Westville on Christmas day.

According to Capt Elizabeth Squires, a 48-year-old man and his wife were threatened by five armed men who tied them up in their home on Sunday, 25 December around 22.45pm.

“The five men broke into the home – two produced firearms. They demanded cash and the safe. They forced the couple to lay on the floor and tied them up. The house was ransacked and the robbers left with victim’s Nissan Qashqai,”said Squires.

As the robbers left, they were caught in a shootout with a tenant in the outbuilding on the property.

One robber was shot and taken to King Edward where he later died. The other four robbers fled.

“The vehicle was recovered recovered by Metro Dog Unit in Bonela. The deceased robber was 38 years old. A case of house robbery is being investigated by the Cluster Trio Task Team,” said Squires.

http://highwaymail.co.za/245954/robb...estville-home/

This happened to a personal friend of mine. The information that I have, is that the tenant, only fired 1 shot, and the 1 shot, stopped the entire attack on the family, and left the bad guy, mortally wounded.
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Default Re: Robber was shot by the tenant and later died in hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk777 View Post
    Robbers ransack Westville home

One robber was shot by the tenant and later died in hospital. The other four robbers fled.
    December 28, 2016

FIVE armed men robbed a couple at their home in Cochrane Place in Westville on Christmas day.

According to Capt Elizabeth Squires, a 48-year-old man and his wife were threatened by five armed men who tied them up in their home on Sunday, 25 December around 22.45pm.

“The five men broke into the home – two produced firearms. They demanded cash and the safe. They forced the couple to lay on the floor and tied them up. The house was ransacked and the robbers left with victim’s Nissan Qashqai,”said Squires.

As the robbers left, they were caught in a shootout with a tenant in the outbuilding on the property.

One robber was shot and taken to King Edward where he later died. The other four robbers fled.

“The vehicle was recovered recovered by Metro Dog Unit in Bonela. The deceased robber was 38 years old. A case of house robbery is being investigated by the Cluster Trio Task Team,” said Squires.

http://highwaymail.co.za/245954/robb...estville-home/

This happened to a personal friend of mine. The information that I have, is that the tenant, only fired 1 shot, and the 1 shot, stopped the entire attack on the family, and left the bad guy, mortally wounded.
    What was he shot with?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Great news!!
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! Fantastic News!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    What was he shot with?
    A bullet?

User

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    A bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    What was he shot with?
    9mm hollow point. I think a Glock 19, and will confirm the brand of ammo.
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"