User

Default 22lr BRNO magazine issue

I recently bought 2x brand new 10rd CZ polymer mags for my 22lr BRNO mod 2E, the new magazines insert into the rifle but don't lock into place, hence one can pull them out without depressing the magazine release. Does anyone have any advice what to do? As everything on the Internet says the magazines should be compatible. I have 2x 5 round steel mags which work perfectly fine.

User

Default Re: 22lr BRNO magazine issue

Bjorn, I would do a comparison of steel vs plastic and see where the difference lies. Plastics will be moulded and some moulding lines etc. may need to be cleaned up. This is a manual process in the factory so human error is possible. Remember that CZ probably don't make the mags - I have bought a number of various mags from local K Mag without a hitch.

User

Default Re: 22lr BRNO magazine issue

Bjorn,
    As Peter has said
    But also:
    Do the new mags have a "ledge" below which the mag catch hooks under? If you need to make one, I've often used a piece of broken hack saw blade, grind to fit, and just glue it onto the magazine. It's normally thin enough to allow the mag to fit inside the mag housing.
    Rod