Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: SHOULD I STAY OPEN?

NCRS = petty bureaucrats.

What ever they tell you, make sure you get it in writing. A phone call should not suffice.
    Last edited by camouflage762; 02-02-2017 at 10:21.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

http://jwshootingrange.co.za/
    Very impressive range. Om so plek te laat vrot is 'n sonde!

User

I'd have to agree with the community.

FUCK EM!!

Having said that, I would take a step back, evaluate the situation and get an expert negotiator (manipulator) involved in order to "sell" them the idea and make it something they ultimately will support. As you said, amicably.
    Most of these assholes are looking for someone to fight with and having money, they really probably don't give care about you or your situation at all.......

Let me give an example.... I once worked at a tourist facility. One of our staff members was known for being able to convince (manipulate) people into doing almost anything. it's all about how you dress it up and make it sound. Anyway, we once had a situation where we had overbooked an activity and had to turn some very wealthy people away. Completely our fault from an administration point. We sent our go to guy in and he managed to convince (manipulate) these people into leaving and coming back another day and they even came to thank us for it! Some real skills in the art of negotiating.....

So what you want, is someone who can get them on your side and then make them pay for the upgrades and growth of the range expanding

Quote Originally Posted by Tunamate View Post
    I'd have to agree with the community.

So what you want, is someone who can get them on your side and then make them pay for the upgrades and growth of the range expanding
    What he is saying is you need someone with nice boobs.
    Ou bokke hou van groen blare.

Bloody nice range!!

Fuck em
    MOLON LABE

User

I have been to your range before. A friend of mine from Nelspruit goes there occasionally. It is truly a wonderful place to shoot. I was at the 200m rifle range on a weekday last year August when there were guys with handguns firing on their range. I can personally vouch that I did not hear ricocheting that day.

I hope that you choose to continue operating and can resolve the issues with your neighbours as when I make my next visit to that area in July for a hunting trip; I would love to bring my rifle and punch some paper.

User

Now would be a good time to start recording any related conversations and get everything else in writing.

If the friendly approach fails, there is always the possibility of laying harassment and defamation charges.

Just strolled over to your range (in the keyboard sense of the expression) - DAMN, you have worked hard and built an impressive facility!

Well done
    - and fight those arseholes!

User

I also just looked at your website. Damn nice! Stay open!!

Shiggawagga, having a shooting range myself, I can relate to your frustrations. It is not nice if you have a passion for something and your neighbours don't share your enthusiasm, or even try to "close you down".

I have a neighbour, owning the land through which our access road runs. He is constantly complaining about small things - gates allegedly left open, visitors driving too fast etc. Fortunately no mention (yet) about ricochets.
    One busy day, on our annual Firearms Festival, he arrived at the range. I was delighted, at last he came to enjoy the event being hosted at his doorstep. I wanted to sponsor him for a round of ProAmm grouping shoot. What a disappointment, when I heard that he had come to complain about a gate left open!

Don't give up. I doubt that NRCS can cause you trouble if there are no unsafe practises or designs.

Don't go back to the stoep!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmirg View Post
    http://jwshootingrange.co.za/
    Very impressive range. Om so plek te laat vrot is 'n sonde!
    +1000 really nice facilities

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast