Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SHOULD I STAY OPEN?

Put on ur poker face and speak to the other neighbours and try and find out exactly what the intentions are of the neighbours in question. There might be alterior motives that are unknown at this stage. Amicable resolution would be the best outcome, but as your neighbour has fired the first shot it may not be an option.

Keep ur range open and have a few after hours.

Good luck

User

I need to road-trip to your range some time for sure, nice looking place!

Awesome work there. Well done.

Document everything. Get copies of minutes etc etc.

You have invested your heart and soul into this, do not give it up.

If they start to play dirty, run on your SAPS accreditation and pull out the big guns, literally.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

Your range was approved by the valid authorities. Complaints were lodge and being investigated. So far as I understood no-one gave you an order in writing to close the range. So logical you are still onboard.

User

NRCS inspection complete. All in order. Got the inspection certificate (2nd in a month) to prove it. NRCS says noise issues are outside the scope of their mandate and an issue between neighbors. So wondering what these guys will do next... I know they wont leave it...

User

Have you tried to talk to the neighbors to find out what exactly the problem is? This whole thing might be a misunderstanding of some kind, like one of them heard something once that fell on his roof, and is now convinced it was a ricochet from your range, but as a matter of fact is was an acorn or something. Its maybe worth a shot to try and resolve this amicably now before things get nasty.

But if they are not willing to listen to reason, like others have said, fuck'em. You have your accreditation so there is not much they can do....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawagga View Post
    NRCS inspection complete. All in order. Got the inspection certificate (2nd in a month) to prove it. NRCS says noise issues are outside the scope of their mandate and an issue between neighbors. So wondering what these guys will do next... I know they wont leave it...
    A question: Who pays for these inspections? They don't really come cheap AFAIK.

User

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    Have you tried to talk to the neighbors to find out what exactly the problem is? This whole thing might be a misunderstanding of some kind, like one of them heard something once that fell on his roof, and is now convinced it was a ricochet from your range, but as a matter of fact is was an acorn or something. Its maybe worth a shot to try and resolve this amicably now before things get nasty.
    This is the problem. I have on record (voice recordings of phone calls and a meetings with them) where I have repeatedly asked them what it is they want exactly, upon which they beat around the bush and respond "we don't know, but the noise & existence of the range is offensive".. I have also put offers to them of reduced shooting hours, allowing only silenced rifles on saturdays, and even to close the range for a day or two if they give me advance notice of anything special happening on their farms for which they are in need of total silence. No response! However I hear from others that they are boasting that they will close me down completely. They do not seem to be interested in compromise.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    A question: Who pays for these inspections? They don't really come cheap AFAIK.
    Fortunately if NRCS initiates the inspection due to a complaint, they do it for free. I pay for my annual certification inspections. I must say, that at this point I am probably the most frequently inspected shooting range in the country.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawagga View Post
    Fortunately if NRCS initiates the inspection due to a complaint, they do it for free. I pay for my annual certification inspections. I must say, that at this point I am probably the most frequently inspected shooting range in the country.
    Now would be a good time to suggest to the NRCS inspectors to bill the person who requested the inspection.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast