Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Increased Kalashnikov demand

Sorry Fumbles but Fuller assembles AK's using mostly former combloc parts. Or at least that is how he got his rep.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Sorry Fumbles but Fuller assembles AK's using mostly former combloc parts. Or at least that is how he got his rep.
    Imo saying he "assembles" is a serious downplay on what he does - he builds good quality AKs with the best parts available.

User

"Assembles" or "builds", neither is manufacturing and not really "US made 'Murican AK".

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Brother, it only looks like I try my best to rub you the wrong way, it's just coincidental, not by design :)
    Totally just fucking with you bro'! It's all good.

There's this guy, Rob Ski who likes to treat AKs the way they are designed: beat'em and shoot'em.
    I like Rob Ski....I often use his line that "AK trigger is like drag the dead hooker on railway tracks!" LOL!!! Genius!

I shoot about 1000 rounds with a rifle during a weekend training session a few times a year, plus 200-400 rounds twice a month....so I wouldn't trust these AKs suit my needs
    That's a lot of shooting. Are you paying for the ammo? The only guys I know who can shoot that much a weekend are my SEAL buddies. Man I'd love to do nothing but shoot a whole lot. That is how you get really good....and get really tough callused hands too. You reloading? Here it is really not all that worth it to reload 7.62X39mm blaster ammo. Short .308 is cheap enough that spending hours at the press to not really save anything seems stupid. Unless of course you are using different bullets perhaps. I picked up (300) 123gr soft point that I would like to load.......but when I'm already reloading .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 9mm, .40S&W and .45 as well as .38Sp, .357 Mag and .44 Mag thrown in.......I look at those soft points and go...Hmmm, one day! Same with .223. I have 1000's of .223 cases and bags and bags of bullets. I'll load heavier stuff like 62gr to 75gr match bullets for my 24" heavy barrel 5.56mm AR. Not for blasting though. I think the idea is to at least have all this stuff on hand in case it ever gets scarce again.

I really hope your rifle is one of the good ones, I really do

Thanks man. As far as semi auto rifles I'm an AR guy to the most part. I bought the RAS 47 merely because I thought it would be kinda cool to have an AK or AK variant and they were getting set to be banned in my state. I had to move fast and it's all I could find locally. If I lived elsewhere and if I had more time, I would have picked a better AK. I'm under no illusions that I have a really good gun here, I'll find out as I go along. I will say, it has an amazing trigger for a battle rifle. Very nice.

I think my "AK" will do okay but at this point I don't see myself shooting the shit out of it. Although.......if I could find a place to shoot cheap milsurp steel core.....it's cheap enough I could buy a shit ton of it and go to town. I'd like to. All the ranges here check your ammo with a magnet....especially 7.62X39!! If they find any they take it away and you pick it up when you leave. If they come around and do a random check and find you shooting steel ammo.....they throw you out!

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    fumbles

you shot a RAS47... yet?
    My AK is a Century Arms RAS 47. I took the wood furniture off and swapped out with Magpul stuff.

Well, I think with a lot of stuff regarding firearms parts...you look a little deeper and find there are a few companies making parts that other companies put in their firearms. I guess what I mean is somewhere a manufacturer makes bolt carriers......these get shipped to AR makers like say Daniel Defense (pulling names out a hat here) or Stag or Lewis Machine and Tool, DPMS etc. A certain manufacturer might supply bolt carriers or unfinished lowers etc that get used by manufacturers for their lower end models. In the higher end models they might source parts from a different manufacturer. That sort of thing.

I'm not entirely sure gun makers like Daniel Defense, LMT, Rock River Arms, Noveske etc etc make every single part in their guns. So it's not manufacturing per se, but it's also not just assembly either. Imbel manufactures gun parts that Springfield Armory turns into 1911's. Imbel also manufactures 1911's that Springfield puts their name on.

User

Well yeah I know, I kinda understood you are SO pulling my leg..

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    That's a lot of shooting. Are you paying for the ammo?
    After a fashion, yes I do pay for the ammo since my company pays for it and the only thing my company gets money from is my work, so... What I don't have to pay is the income tax, because I don't pay the ammo from my salary, and the purchase is VAT deductible (24% off the price tag). No sense to reload, really. With the AK I shoot Russian steel core but with ARs S&B or Top Shot ammo with brass casing.

The reason I shoot quite a lot is that I have too keep my proficiency at a certain plausible level because I'm training both young hot-shots and seasoned military personnel :) Competitions are also good training for performing under at least some pressure (we have this sports called "applied reservists' shooting"), can't run like the top performers since I'm a broken, slow and old F.A.G. (not a sexual slur), but with the actual shooting I do pretty well :)

The real "Gamesmen", as we call those who really want to succeed in competitions, all use highly customized AR-based rifles, but there's a whole class for 7.62x39 shooters and a sub-class called "Combat" in which you have use the whole fighting gear with plate carriers, extra mags, knife etc. The latter is meant for both active reservists and High Speed role players :) Nothing wrong with harmless daydreaming

Look up the AK 107 and see what a real gaming AK could be.

User

I'm a broken, slow and old F.A.G..........
    Okay now I don't want to fuck with you anymore!!

LOL....but seriously, that sounds awesome the whole applied reservist shooting deal. Ja, 3-gun here has brought on a slew of custom AR's.......some very nice looking one's too, with long hand guards all the rage. I'm going to see if I can read up on those competitions you have there, sounds interesting.

Nothing wrong with harmless daydreaming
    Hey it's either that or Call Of Duty or Battlefield 5 or whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Look up the AK 107 and see what a real gaming AK could be.
    Interesting that balanced recoil system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3