Default GS 1250 neck break nitro piston air rifle in .22 cal

Hi all.

So I currently have 2x of those cheap .177 air rifles that I kitted with scopes for my kids (8 & 10) to shoot & practice trigger control, trigger finger discipline etc. They are actually pretty good shots at around 20m.

I then got myself a GS 1250 neck break nitro piston air rifle in .22 cal
    It shoots pretty well. A lot more gun than the above mentioned rifles. It shoots real good at 20m and even at 40m.
    I took a chance and played around at 90m and after setting the scope I was actually able to knock over a coke can at 90m with it! If you stand a couple of meters away from the target (behind cover naturally), you can hear that it actually travels with quite a zip when it hits the target.

My question is this. I used Daisy .22 flat nose pellets for that and want to know what pellets (type, grain etc.) you will advise will be the best to perfect this 90m addiction of mine with?

User

Default Re: GS 1250 neck break nitro piston air rifle in .22 cal

The people on the air rifle forum are probably more qualified to answer. Pellets do make a big difference. If you can find some Air Arms or JSB, it could shrink your groups. A break-neck air rifle is not the ideal platform for those distances, however. But enjoy!

Default Re: GS 1250 neck break nitro piston air rifle in .22 cal

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    The people on the air rifle forum are probably more qualified to answer. Pellets do make a big difference. If you can find some Air Arms or JSB, it could shrink your groups. A break-neck air rifle is not the ideal platform for those distances, however. But enjoy!
    I agree and are aware of it, but thats exactly why I want to try it...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk