Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Remington 700 XCR Tactical 338 LM

My hearing has already been damaged from this and from some idiot that had an accidental discharge with his rifle on a previous hunting trip. This is why i will never shoot without hearing protection again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    From long range hunting :

I wrote the book on removing the brake on this rifle. You will need an accurate infrared temp gun. Using map gas, heat the brake right at the base of it to 450 degrees quickly. Propane takes a little too long and puts too much heat into the barrel. Acetylene is way to hot and too hard to regulate. Do not use it. Slip a couple close fitting phillips screw drivers through the holes and spin it off. Even with the heat it may have 30 to 75 foot pounds of torque holding it on. The 450 degree heat melts the permanent loctite used at the factory.
    Thank You for that information Messor, very much appreciated!

Yes fella's, let me suggest to you, your hearing is very easily damaged from a variety of loud noises, especially firearms (even .22LR rifles!!!).
    So, please look after your ears.

Regards
    Homer

User

G'Day Fella's,

I've been waiting a couple of months now, for the new shipment to clear Customs.
    But I now have a http://www.accu-tac.com/product-category/bipods/ LR-10 QD bipod on the way.
    This is specifically for my above mentioned Rem-700 in .338 Lap Mag rifle, which should now complete this package.

The Accu-Tac bi-pods are expensive but as a Mech Fitter-Machinist myself, I can appreciate the design time and workmanship that has gone into making them.

Doh!
    Homer

User

G'Day Fella's,

FYI, I have now posted some images of this same rifle, with the new bi-pod in place, on the same location> https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34348 .

Avagreatweekendeh!
    Homer

User

Looking deadly!

User

G'Day Marshy, thank you for your comment.
    I'm hoping your correct, as I hope to do some long range huntin over winter.

Regards
    Homer

Were you planing on hunting with the .338LM?

User

Bought it as an all rounder. Can enjoy it at the range and i can go hunting with it if i want. The rifle is a bit heavy if im honest so if you're thinking of 'walk and stalk' for a whole day, its definitely not the best option. But i hunt once a year so i dont mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2