Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Shooter TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Depends on what you understand by that.

I just recalled what event it was, my initial interpretation of Duane's statement was also WTF But the incident in the show is more vaguely believable.
    Very clever move, used his obsession against him

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    Excellent books, especially Point of Impact, the first one. Bob Lee Swagger in the book is a Vietnam vet, I believe loosely based on Carlos Hathcock. He is more believable as an older character (of course being an older character myself, I would say that!). Though different media, I found the book better than the movie. I'll try to get hold of the series.

Stephen Hunter, the author of the books, was (is) a journalist who wrote for the Washington Post and New York Times. He converted from an anti-gunner to a pro-gun activist. His books are quite accurate re. gun matters.
    The main character dug out a bullet from where it hit a car and reloaded it. Don't think that would be possible.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    The main character dug out a bullet from where it hit a car and reloaded it. Don't think that would be possible.
    If you are referring to the book, I can't recall that. There was a bullet fired into soft sand that was reloaded and then used to assassinate someone with a very long shot. I don't know whether such a bullet would have retained the ballistic integrity for the described shot.

User

Another series that I'm enjoying currently is Training day. You guys should watch it. It seem to have a good story line behind it.

User

I enjoyed the Shooter series. The indestructible magic bullets were quite odd and so were the 4 black king rifles but it seems they were based on a real series of pre-64 Winchesters . The plot was good but the script writing not so much. The actors put in good work especially Swaggers wife.

User

I watched the short series and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is one of the more realistic (or factually correct) shows regarding shooting and using firearms (but obviously ain't perfect).

No need to bring out a second season, the 10 episodes end off well rounded for me and I felt satisfied when I finished watching the season.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    I watched the short series and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is one of the more realistic (or factually correct) shows regarding shooting and using firearms (but obviously ain't perfect).

No need to bring out a second season, the 10 episodes end off well rounded for me and I felt satisfied when I finished watching the season.
    RD! Welcome back dude

User

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan_ View Post
    RD! Welcome back dude
    Lol!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post

Where have you been? The Hitman has been lonely without you!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Where have you been? The Hitman has been lonely without you!
    Lol. I'm sure I haven't been the only one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast