Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: SAPSA Shotgun Nationals - Polokwane 11/12 Feb 2017.

Slugs and buck are expensive. It's sadly one of those things. Stock up when you can so you have better zeroed( for the slugs) and patterned ( for the buck ) ammo

Couple guys had the King Competition losing systems and that seems the winner.

Saw a good few Taccom systems

I used safariland loaders and except for a few minor niggles they work very well

Ezload will not get a cent from me for various reasons. King Competitin would be my choice in that pattern.

User

Thanks for the reply, Big T. In my neck of the woods they want R20+ per slug! Buckshot was unavailable.

The only issue I have with the ammo holders that pinch from top and bottom is that you will have to readjust for varying length of ammo, or am I mistaken? The "clip in" type like the Taccom and AP Customs get around this issue by having the top round protrude above the clip.

User

I use AP Custom dueces and I am very happy with the way they work but unfortunately APC has gone out of business.

Congratulations to all the guys who did really well.

Sounds like a great shoot to have been participating in. I am thoroughly jealous, and am looking forward to competing there again next year.

Also in the market for a new semi 12 Ga, and have been looking at a few options.

As a matter of interest, what guns were the top shooters using?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Slugs and buck are expensive. It's sadly one of those things. Stock up when you can so you have better zeroed( for the slugs) and patterned ( for the buck ) ammo

Couple guys had the King Competition losing systems and that seems the winner.

Saw a good few Taccom systems

I used safariland loaders and except for a few minor niggles they work very well

Ezload will not get a cent from me for various reasons. King Competitin would be my choice in that pattern.
    Any idea where to look at some of the shell holder systems T?

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post

Sounds like a great shoot to have been participating in. I am thoroughly jealous, and am looking forward to competing there again next year.

Also in the market for a new semi 12 Ga, and have been looking at a few options.

Beretta 1301 and Benelli M2.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post

In Standard the Beretta 1301 Comp is rapidly becoming the top choice.

My squad was filled with excellent shooters. All but two had 1301's. At least two of the top 3 were 1301's.

The Benelli M2 remains an excellent option and took two of the top three places in open.

Is it possible to do well with the 1301 Tactical as opposed to the 1301 Comp?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pbuitendag View Post
    Any idea where to look at some of the shell holder systems T?

Chat to Demis at Spartan Arms to check out King Competition. MRST should have safariland for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Big T. In my neck of the woods they want R20+ per slug! Buckshot was unavailable.

The only issue I have with the ammo holders that pinch from top and bottom is that you will have to readjust for varying length of ammo, or am I mistaken? The "clip in" type like the Taccom and AP Customs get around this issue by having the top round protrude above the clip.
    I think that's the price the guys are paying in most places

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast