Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: importing magazines from USA

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    I've also been struggling to get clarification on if the parts moved from ITAR to Dept of Commerce has the same zero cost export permit as the rest of items that fall under their jurisdiction. I would assume there is some sort of relief from ITAR costs, as one of the goals of the change was to reduce costs on US made items making them more appealing to export.

It says it in press release I read many months ago.
    Yes, I read the same. I've also been looking for clarification around what the amendments to ITAR regulations are, so far nothing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Which other companies? Sounds like it might be time to support them.
    Yeah, spill dude...

User

So here's the reply I got from Brownells:

Good morning:

Per your inquiry, there has been realignment of SKUs, as the majority of items are moved from State to Commerce, meaning categories and commodity codes are changed.

Very few items are staying under the Dept. of State. With this change Dept. of Commerce utilizes Low Value Shipments, LVS. So…you can order without securing an export license and we document the values of the shipments under their categories. This can be used and no documents are required by you as long as the value is less than $500.

The limit is $6000 a year, once hitting that amount, then an export license would be required for the shipment of Dept. of Commerce items. The Dept. of Commerce does not assess a fee for export license applications.

Our Dept. of State has maintain a very few items and those items could also move. Applying for their export license, fee $250.

User

And this:

per your inquiry, prior to March 9th the Dept. of State required an export license for any shipments over $100 of gun component parts. Regulated/restricted items had to have an export license regards of value.

Now…Dept. of Commerce allows shipments up to $500, utilizing the LVS. We do the decrement on this end. Once you have reached $6000 in a calendar year, then an export license would be required. Dept. of Commerce does NOT access an export license application fee.

We do not have a listing as each country has different restrictions, however any item that has a part associated with fully automatic firearms (at this time) stayed under the Dept. of State and they require an export license for any of these items, regardless of value or quantity. Fee, $250.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Flanjet View Post
    So here's the reply I got from Brownells:

Good morning:

Per your inquiry, there has been realignment of SKUs, as the majority of items are moved from State to Commerce, meaning categories and commodity codes are changed.

Very few items are staying under the Dept. of State. With this change Dept. of Commerce utilizes Low Value Shipments, LVS. So…you can order without securing an export license and we document the values of the shipments under their categories. This can be used and no documents are required by you as long as the value is less than $500.

The limit is $6000 a year, once hitting that amount, then an export license would be required for the shipment of Dept. of Commerce items. The Dept. of Commerce does not assess a fee for export license applications.

Our Dept. of State has maintain a very few items and those items could also move. Applying for their export license, fee $250.
    Very interesting, thank you for sharing! I'd love to find another verifiable/reputable source of information to confirm these changes, as I'd read about it when it was announced but I haven't seen any reputable sites confirming the changes!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Very interesting, thank you for sharing! I'd love to find another verifiable/reputable source of information to confirm these changes, as I'd read about it when it was announced but I haven't seen any reputable sites confirming the changes!
    I’d guess if Brownell’s have confirmed it, I’d believe it.

Hi Guys,

I've just submitted an order for some shield arms magazines from Brownells... For those of you who have ordered from them what shipping option did you take?

Expedited FedEx is running at $110!

They are suggesting I use postal services but I'm worried that I'll never get my stuff if I go that route...

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeneraalGert View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've just submitted an order for some shield arms magazines from Brownells... For those of you who have ordered from them what shipping option did you take?

Expedited FedEx is running at $110!

They are suggesting I use postal services but I'm worried that I'll never get my stuff if I go that route...

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the shipping is close to or even higher than the order amount.
    SAPO is a waste of time, I had a pair of sunglasses sent back to sender in the US, for some reason or the other.
    It will now cost me another $22 for it to be resent!

Banned

Don't even try UPS, they charged me $120 for shipping a $100 order, and then they charged me R900 duties

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_asassin View Post
    Sometimes the shipping is close to or even higher than the order amount.
    SAPO is a waste of time, I had a pair of sunglasses sent back to sender in the US, for some reason or the other.
    It will now cost me another $22 for it to be resent!
    I’ve had last 2 shipments sent back to Brownells, no reason. Fedex and with SAPO. I was charged to ship back in $.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast