Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: importing magazines from USA

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrage View Post
    Would it be an option to send the goods to the UK, and have someone repackage and post from there? Anyone tried this or does it just amount to the same problems arising once it gets to SA? Brownells UK see to have to get most of the items from the states, but maybe post from the UK is easier at this end??
    You then violate a bunch of laws and regulations.

Does anyone here perhaps have a contact for someone at ITAC? Cannot get hold of someone on any of their numbers in the contact us section.

Maybe an email that I can send the application for to?

User

So recently ITAR restrictions changed slightly so there are quite a few things that you can now just order directly from the USA, I would go look on brownells. However with the courier costs and customs duty it might not be worth it to purhcase from the States. WRT your question regarding ITAC, the manufacturer of the product should be able to tell you if it is restricted for export or if any permits are needed.

User

Brownells currently not shipping to SA. I put in a order yesterday and Sandy replied are not shipping. Your order can be held until shipping to SA resumes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Brownells currently not shipping to SA. I put in a order yesterday and Sandy replied are not shipping. Your order can be held until shipping to SA resumes.
    Which postage option did you select? I placed an order and I was told UPS is shipping. I just could t justify spending more then my order on shipping

Yes I was told that postal service are not available but could ship via FedEx and UPS.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by GeneraalGert View Post
    Yes I was told that postal service are not available but could ship via FedEx and UPS.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    FEDEX means they will do the customs clearance, and you avoid the useless SAPO sticky fingers

User

Ugh. Thanks all. Will contact Sandy and ask her to send. UPS is suppose to be my default on my account.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    FEDEX means they will do the customs clearance, and you avoid the useless SAPO sticky fingers
    Has anybody done this recently, and were the South African customs & Post Office fees included in the shipping fee or did you get a surprise when you took delivery of the item?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Has anybody done this recently, and were the South African customs & Post Office fees included in the shipping fee or did you get a surprise when you took delivery of the item?
    Did my jeeps lift kit, yes you get charged import duty (wasn't much) but sure beats having things go missing or arrive 18 months later

Apologies I should have mentioned that SA customs is not included in the shipping fee.

Got the lift kit, to my door with customs charge for R8500, (took a week from Florida), South African equivalent was closer to R23k

Guess it depends what one is importing and what the saving is vs local.

A yellow form from the previous owner on my old jeep, from Dundee to Durban via SAPO took 4 months

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7