User

Default Re: OLD SCHOOL TACTICAL

Dae is pragtig!!!!

Damn good looking weapon!

User

Quote Originally Posted by spoegwolf View Post
    MyBrother in Law bought a nice new 30-30 Marlin , and as I was waiting for my Ruger Gunsite Rifle application to come through he had me "play"with his one for a couple of weeks.With the help of Petrus Jonker we fitted a LPA ghostring rear sight , Custom made front sight with protective sides for the fibre optic front.He also milled a piccatinny rail to fit barrel contour and mount the Leupold Scout Scope.To top it off Petrus's son did the braiding with paracord on the lever and the rifle was finished in a dark brown cerakote.He now uses it mostly for bushpig hunting on their farm.

Attachment 25259
    Question: Are lever actions very popular in Southern Africa?

Note, here in America, lever actions are plentiful (Marlin and Winchester), especially in the Southern and Midwestern states. My daughter's passed down hunting rifle is a Marlin 30-30 lever action that is similarly outfitted. It is light, handy and has good hunting accuracy. Over the years it has accounted for its share of White-tail deer. I personally think a 30-30 lever action makes a good utility rifle, i.e. one that can be used for either hunting or defense, seven rounds of .30 caliber ammo and easy to reload. In the past, when my wife and I have taken long road trips I have carried a 30-30 lever action for an additional measure of security.

I am curious.

Sportster

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    Question: Are lever actions very popular in Southern Africa?
    There are a few of them around but I have only seen them on shooting ranges, not in the hunting field. I do hear of people using them for things like bushpig hunting, which is short range stuff.

Most of those I have seen with my own eyes & handled have been Rossi .38/.357's or .22's but I know of a few Winchester .30-30's that are out there. The guys that do cowboy action shooting will have a lot more experience of lever actions in all makes & calibres than I do and I'm sure they will be along shortly to add their comments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2