Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vektor Z88 Help

Default Re: Vektor Z88 Help

Went to go look at it today again

It has the LIW on the grip

What is the LIW for? I have been on the Stealth Gear USA forum again and bit scared as they only give the option of Barretta 92FS. Will my Z fit in this holster?

Also prefer this as you can carry with a tucked in shirt

User

I stand corrected, but as far as I know, the LIW "Brand" pre-dated the Vektor brand.

LIW/LEW (Lyttelton Ingeneurswerke/Lyttelton Engineering Works) is the home of the Vektor brand. There were a few variants of the Z88. There was the LIW variant, the SAPS variant, the Normal Vektor variant (one with e blue and gold Vektor badge on the grip, and one with a plactic grip - similar to the LIW one). There was a Baby Z88 too. There were a batch where the slides were "incorrectly" milled, a shorter slide, they had a "DE" in the serial number somewhere.

The LIW variants were Gunkoted. The SAPS and Normal ones were blued.

I may be wrong, but that's how I have the facts.

Oe ok I have no DE in the serial number

Today I handeled her abit and must say the grips are going nowhere, feels amazing in hand as I am part of the larger hand sociaty.

Been reading up alot on the different ammo and all for the gun. Decided to join NHSA and will be going to dedicated status. I hate this waiting game

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus88 View Post
    I stand corrected, but as far as I know, the LIW "Brand" pre-dated the Vektor brand.

LIW/LEW (Lyttelton Ingeneurswerke/Lyttelton Engineering Works) is the home of the Vektor brand. There were a few variants of the Z88. There was the LIW variant, the SAPS variant, the Normal Vektor variant (one with e blue and gold Vektor badge on the grip, and one with a plactic grip - similar to the LIW one). There was a Baby Z88 too. There were a batch where the slides were "incorrectly" milled, a shorter slide, they had a "DE" in the serial number somewhere.

The LIW variants were Gunkoted. The SAPS and Normal ones were blued.

I may be wrong, but that's how I have the facts.
    The original had a polished blue slide, but I only ever saw the matt beaded slide. Some said that the slide was guncoated but mine is definitely not, matt blue and was identical to saps lytelton pistols that we used. Would love to know more about the incorrectly milled slides. I do know that later pistols changed slightly to cut costs in some small ways but cant recollect offhand.

I have 5 mags for sale ....

Quote Originally Posted by Trevorm View Post
    I have 5 mags for sale ....
    Please check you pvt messages

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    ... Would love to know more about the incorrectly milled slides...
    From what I can remember, there was a small batch built with the faulty slides. The flaw is cosmetic only and does not affect functioning. They decided not to sell them commercially, as that might tarnish their reputation, so they offered them to LEW employees at greatly reduced prices. The "flawed" pistols are now more sought after than the on spec ones!

Good day guys

So today I went to go pick up my card and in the same breath my Z88. 139days from Competency application to card collection, with a 2 week break when I got all the paper work ready. Yes she is with me and on my side. Something to get use to. Since I have handed in my application I got her the following

Sniper Hybrid holster
    3 Extra Magazines
    Winchester Rangers 127gr +P+ JHP
    Picked up my reloaded 124gr FMJ range rounds

Something for myself
    SportEAR M2 earmuffs

I will be going shooting this weekend

Yes it is one up with a full 15 round mag. Now to sort out my DSS and let the S16 applications flow

Banned

Congrats and Enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2