Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's make SADPA great again

To those that have given up there names for nominations I commend you, for that is the only way to drive change. The fact that some positions are uncontested indicates one of two things. Either the people know:

If you work hard, and your efforts consistently go unnoticed or you never hear a “thank you” for your hard day's work — you might be have a thankless job. Thankless jobs become even more thank... less when they are unpaid, disrespected, or overworked in hard conditions. To err is human... and then everyone else jumps on the bandwagon.

or

It is just easier to protest from the side-lines, while someone else has to do the work...

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    It is many pages
    Ta I just want to refresh my memory?

And there it is. No one is to be held accountable because the job is done without remuneration, along with you are not entitled to an opinion if you are not willing or able to volunteer yourself. Carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Is there someplace where members can find info on the current issues, the nominees and how the nominees plan to address these issues? At the moment it's all just secret hush-hush politics to those of who aren't in the loop

User

Here is another aspect: It requires a mind set change.

Shooting is expensive, but there should be no reason to drive & make it even more expensive or unachievable for some.
    SADPA has a cheaper membership fee structure, then some of the other sports. If I get to shoot only twice a year I don't want to pay 1000's in fees just so that I can participate.

On another level, there was a thread on entry fees for a match, and the costs vs what you get, and some argued they do not want xyz included/bundled as it has no benefit to them etc, this just indicates there are diversity in what the members need & want.

Now on club level: everyone needs COF's/ranges build, targets to shoot at, patches etc, yet after the match the remaining patches disappear, hardly anyone assists with breaking down stages etc. (Never mind building stages)
    So the argument mostly raised is: I paid X entry fee, it is not my job, but that entry fee is set low to accommodate more shooters and cover patches & targets used on the day. So the easy club fix is lets increase entry fees to hire labour on the day, and then only give half the people a chance to compete on a regular basis, thus killing the sport further. FAIL. Here is the shooter solution: Get onto social media to complain, instead of asking why, or assisting. FAILED again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    And there it is. No one is to be held accountable because the job is done without remuneration, along with you are not entitled to an opinion if you are not willing or able to volunteer yourself. Carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction;
    . Here is the shooter solution: Get onto social media to complain, instead of asking why, or assisting. FAILED again.
    I'm not disagreeing, accountability is key, and everyone's input matters, but see below e.g. Some classify as battles where other aspects are a declaration of war it seems.

Some would say every coin has two sides, while it is not incorrect stating the minimum number, most will have more.

Here is another example Exco decides on the Agenda they will hold off on commentary/questions until the end... the response to this is : it is inappropriate, does not follow protocol, or logic, questions must follow, time wasted going back.....

If you were at the last AGM, having it drag on to 12pm at night with people having to still drive home afterwards on a school night, getting the information out for everyone to have, and having questions/clarification afterwards would sound like one way to achieve better use of everyone's time. e.g. one side of the coin.

Each side of the coin has it's merits...

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    In light of a request to discuss the current struggles within SADPA I thought to its good to start this topic.

The challenge with this organization particularly, it does neither like nor takes criticism very well. And the membership base has been so brainwashed to not see any faults even if they're blatantly obvious and this god worshiping is stopping any advancement.

I've been well known for criticizing SADPA and the fuckery for a while as (unfortunately) and have been lambasted many time for this. I saw this shit storm on the horizon coming and used every opportunity to try and make a statement but again said ignorant members and EXCO turned a blind eye. The prefect metaphor for this situation presented itself at 2016 Africa Champs.

The average member doesn't actually see this but many good people and even better shooters have taken their stuff and moved on due to all the issues. There's a false sense of security because of the growth numbers and sadly to say the competence of the average shooter is not great (Africa Champs as example) and this is partly due to SADPA hoarding money and not spending it on shooter and club development.

We cannot even see what is spent of what because the financials aren't even available prior to the AGM.

I've moved my membership to Tac Shac as they're trying their absolute best to rescue the sport from the hole it is currently in. Between Terrick, JA and Vivian we'll get the change needed. Now the membership must just break out of their trance and vote for said change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does somebody have Frikkie's number? I think his account has been hacked.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    Does somebody have Frikkie's number? I think his account has been hacked.

For it's faults the sport adds huge numbers to the shooting and gun owning community and WE cannot go without it running properly.

User

@SafeAction, the apologist views you have is exactly why we cannot turn this ship around. Your views remind me a lot of the people who do charity work and brag about it on Facebook.

The sport functions on volunteers but if the organization is broken then getting more volunteers will be tough? IDPA is currently like the ANC where they have many members but the infighting at the upper echelons of the game is slowing filtering down to the membership and people are becoming disillusioned with the organization. Its just the grassroots people and those with vested interests that will hold on to the sinking ship.

User

With regards to "ripping off the mask", view Paul's post (at the moment, second from last, just before my post) here:

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...25#post1144925

I believe debate should continue here, the linked post being in the dealer's section.

It's gone full on thermo-nuclear at the moment so this is perhaps a watershed moment for the sport. We try new things or we keep things as is and lose more SOs, clubs and members. When some of the old guard, many having invested years of effort in the game, are upset about what has become of the sport, it is time to pause and consider what you are doing, either by your actions or lack of actions.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast