new series called (seal team) Not bad. Strike back is also good. E ring

User

Default Re: THE BEST GUN MOVIES

Quote Originally Posted by skunk2racer View Post
    new series called (seal team) Not bad. Strike back is also good. E ring
    I think The Brave is better.

13 Hours was great.

I am surpised there is so little love here for Act of Valor considering how many scenes involved live fire and the actors were all active SEALs. If you want realisim this is the movie for you... in fact they planned thier ops first and then how to film them with a some scenes being a single take option only and if it didn't go to script, tough no re-takes, thats how real ops go.

The scene where the SWCC boat turns up, unleashes hell and turns the bad guys car into swiss cheese was proper. There was no fake holywood shit that maybe you can hide behind the car while that mini gun peppers your position with a few thousand 7.62 rounds per minute.

Love this pic of the bad guys "car" after.
    th.jpg

User

Default THE BEST GUN MOVIES

Quote Originally Posted by Eniigma View Post
    13 Hours was great.

I am surpised there is so little love here for Act of Valor considering how many scenes involved live fire and the actors were all active SEALs. If you want realisim this is the movie for you... in fact they planned thier ops first and then how to film them with a some scenes being a single take option only and if it didn't go to script, tough no re-takes, thats how real ops go.

The scene where the SWCC boat turns up, unleashes hell and turns the bad guys car into swiss cheese was proper. There was no fake holywood shit that maybe you can hide behind the car while that mini gun peppers your position with a few thousand 7.62 rounds per minute.

Love this pic of the bad guys "car" after.
    th.jpg
    I did enjoy both. 13 hours was a bit Michael Bayish with all the sparkle explosion. But still a good movie.

Act of valor the boat pick ip rates as one of my most favourite scenes ever. The sound of the guns combined gives me goosebumps every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grobbie; 04-02-2018 at 20:46.

User

The Unit is also not to bad. Pity they stopped after series 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wall and Sicario weren't bad as far as movies go. Also check out the series Shooter.

User

I loved 13 Hours. Funnily enough, just watched Den of Thieves last night, a great movie for gun stuff, they clearly got some good instruction. I say 'funnily enough' because the chief bad guy in Den of Thieves also played the part of 'Tonto' Paronto (spelling?) in 13 Hours, if I'm not mistaken. I'd read the book regarding the Benghazi event prior to watching the movie, and the movie stuck pretty closely to the book. I was pretty amazed, Michael Bay and all.....

Both great gun movies in my book.

P.S. I used to play an online game called EVE Online (internet space ships, aka 'spreadsheets in space', if you know it you'll know what I'm talking about). The one embassy guy who was killed was quite well known in EVE (he was quite a diplomat, the game could get very involved in terms of large alliances etc), I remember the event in memory of him. His last comment in the game: (12:54:09 PM) vile_rat: assuming we don’t die tonight. We saw one of our ‘police’ that guard the compound taking pictures

Funny how small the world can be sometimes.

Den of thieves, brilliant movie. Jerrard Butler even carries what looks like an fn with rmr

User

Halfway through Hacksaw Ridge. It's rough, and surprisingly accurate when it comes to the violence. I'm both impressed and for the first time in a long time, a bit shaken by the violence in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Black hawk down
    We were soldiers
    Not a movie but some episodes have real nice gun fights - NCIS LA
    I love NCIS LA, one of my favourite series, but this last season the action was shit. It looks like they fired their armourer and technical consultants and went with some leftist tree hugging hippie basement dwelling mouth breader for the action scenes. I actually want to channel my inner @fumbles at say it like it is at how bad it was. I've seen 155mm howitzers with less muzzle flash than those 9mms they used.

P.S. This is a terrible thread.. now i want to rewatch all these movies for the 9000th time.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast