Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Re: What is your preferred solvent, lubricant and oil for a handgun ?

You are talking about the black parkerizing on top of the tennifer (ferritic nitrocarburizing) which is the dull grey extremely hard layer on top of the slide and barrel. You'll dull you chain saw chain before you make a scratch on tennifer :)

User

Ballistol for cleaning before wiping all of it off with an alcohol rag.

WeaponShield for lubing.

User

Just mixed up a batch of ED's Red. Going to have a go and see the results

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tangfolio View Post
    Just mixed up a batch of ED's Red. Going to have a go and see the results
    Just don't die

Ballistol

User

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    No Q20?
    Hi...late to this discussion.

So what are thoughts on using Q20 on firearms? Can you spray all over and clean with brush and patches? Does it have any lube qualities or anti corrosion? Is there any harm that it can cause?

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

It won't do any harm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    It won't do any harm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks WZ...that's a relief.

I don't suppose it has much long term lubricating benefit. Need to get my hands on some Slip 2000

User

Quote Originally Posted by RI CAR View Post
    Hi...late to this discussion.

So what are thoughts on using Q20 on firearms? Can you spray all over and clean with brush and patches? Does it have any lube qualities or anti corrosion? Is there any harm that it can cause?

My experience with Q20 is quite positive. I used it on my R4 rifle in the army. It really helps to soften carbon fouling. For lubrication and corrosion protection, there is just 1 little problem: After about 2 weeks max, the Q20 has evaporated. This would be the same for many (most?) other aerosol sprays too.

The evaporation is not an issue on a FA that is used and cleaned daily. Definitely a bad idea for protection in storage.

Having said that, I do regard any lube that is less "runny" than the aerosols as much better, as they will stick to the moving parts for much longer. Common engine and gear lubes come to mind.

Slip 2000 EWL is still a bettter gun lube than any of the above.

hello IS Ballistol aerosol much better than RAM trisol , has anyone did a test to see what the real difference is ?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast