Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    User

Default Re: What is your preferred solvent, lubricant and oil for a handgun ?

Quote Originally Posted by vees View Post
    hello IS Ballistol aerosol much better than RAM trisol , has anyone did a test to see what the real difference is ?
    Check here

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/foru...-Introductions

User

i prefer designer lubes.....they smell better

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out what your preferred choices are.

What solvent do you use to get rid of all the debris ?
    What lubricant/oil do you use ?
    And what oil do you use to oil/protect the slide from sweat/rust ?

Thanks
    Hi. Solvent I use Boretech Eliminator to clean the bore. For powder fouling and copper.

Slip 2000 EWL all the way for lubrication.

To oil the outside of the gun I use those nifty Gunsmithy gun oil aerosol cans. No issues yet.

I also use Slip 2000 in my bore before a shoot. The stuffs amazing. I used to have major leading issues in my Ruger, but now thats almost non existent. I apply some to the bore before a shoot. Its not oil so I assume it attaches itself to the metal. Zero leading. It's like the lead doesn't stick to the bore anymore. One pass with a bronze brush and I'm done. I did also up the velocity on my lead rounds which made a dramatic difference. I think I found the sweet spot, enough velocity for bullet obturation, but not too much. I am however convinced the Slip makes a big difference.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Sneaky!

Yurr... theres so many introduction pages to see. . . If you can give me the exact link that shows what I'm looking for . Il be grateful

Thanks

User

Yurr... theres so many introduction pages to see. . . If you can give me the exact link that shows what I'm looking for . Il be grateful

Thanks

There's so many that its almost like every member has posted there. Like its a requirement or something

Weird :P

User

Thanks
    You have to be kidding me!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    You have to be kidding me!
    You've been bested, T!

Thanks
    There's a full indepth review to be found here - http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ghlight=taurus

The whole thread is very informative and go's into the pro's and cons

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8