Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: What is your preferred solvent, lubricant and oil for a handgun ?

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Slip 2000 for lubricant
    I've used Slip since 2010, bought only two 4 oz bottles in almost seven years. You really don't have to use this lube a lot...

User

Quote Originally Posted by STREETRACER View Post
    Maybe try Automatic transmission fluid. But you will need some brake fluid if you want to seize fire.
    I assume you put the automatic transmission oil on the trigger... But i cant seem to think where the brake fluid has to go? Down the barrel to stop the bullets?

User

Just shower with it like we did in the army...

User

Hoppes #9 to clean. Shell Helix Ultra to lube (CZ75).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    I've used Slip since 2010, bought only two 4 oz bottles in almost seven years. You really don't have to use this lube a lot...
    Also mine has lasted a while, have 2 bottles and now becasue Khumba sponsored some to the SAPSA Shotgun Nationals I now have 3

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Also mine has lasted a while, have 2 bottles and now becasue Khumba sponsored some to the SAPSA Shotgun Nationals I now have 3
    Those were only samples with little bit of oil in it but atleast the small bottle is very handy for shooting bag use.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Those were only samples with little bit of oil in it but atleast the small bottle is very handy for shooting bag use.
    I still have a sample bottle in my shooting bag from 3 years ago. Still going strong

Handgun rails, barrel and locking parts get slip ewg,with a drop of slip ewl on trigger parts that are less accessible.solvent, good old hoppes, butches bore shine, or anything equivalent. With slip you just wipe off and for the most part you dont need a solvent. On the odd occassions when I do clean a barrel I use a patch with slip ewl and that is not really to clean, more as a rust preventative.

CLP Break Free for everything.

TW25B applied to the rails in small amounts when I go to the range.

(*Had to import, since neither of these are available in Cape Town)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Just shower with it like we did in the army...
    With a can of Preen as a de-greaser

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast