User

Post DFO away for 3weeks[Rant]

Good Morning, would like some info on the following(what can one do?):

My local DFO(only one person) is going away for three weeks. I phoned him yesterday afternoon to make an appointment for this coming week, as I have 4 license applications, and a further competency to go in. Now I have to wait 3 weeks..

I asked him whether I can hand in my apps at a different station and he said: "No, I have to hand in at the station for my district" (70km away from my residence).

The station(50km away from my residence) for a different district will not accept my applications, I have asked them..

As far as I underatand the FCA - apps must be handed in at your closest station? Where does the district thing come in?

Also what happens if someone realised in this time, before the 90 day period, that they have to renew at the same DFO as me? - tuff luck?

Default Re: DFO away for 3weeks[Rant]

That sucks. Sorry to hear about it.

Couldn't they arrange for a stand-in?? Sure SOMEBODY would be happy to get off ops and assist for the time.

My DFO has 2 ladies. When 1 is off on break, the other covers, and vice versa. This helps, especially when the station ramps up for operations, and all personnel are called in for duties.

But, my precinct is also quite large.

I mean, surely, it isn't astrophysics to cover the gap???

*facepalm*...SAP. What WAS I thinking??? Why on EARTH would such a simple plan, such as putting a (trained) light-duty member be the obvious solution??

Aside, sorry I can't help with your queries. Maybe Paul, or another legal-eagle can answer.

Good luck- I really hope a plan can be made.

User

I have handed in at a different DFO because of the same reason you have. Also remember you can hand in at the DFO in the area where you work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonger View Post
    That sucks. Sorry to hear about it.

Couldn't they arrange for a stand-in?? Sure SOMEBODY would be happy to get off ops and assist for the time.

My DFO has 2 ladies. When 1 is off on break, the other covers, and vice versa. This helps, especially when the station ramps up for operations, and all personnel are called in for duties.

But, my precinct is also quite large.

I mean, surely, it isn't astrophysics to cover the gap???

*facepalm*...SAP. What WAS I thinking??? Why on EARTH would such a simple plan, such as putting a (trained) light-duty member be the obvious solution??

Aside, sorry I can't help with your queries. Maybe Paul, or another legal-eagle can answer.

Good luck- I really hope a plan can be made.
    Thanks. Unfortunately it seems that I have to wait things out.

But they can be sure that if any of them are refused or delayed, they will get a letter from an attorney..

I have been helped in the past by the guy that shares the same office, but no luck this time..he is off too.

I will date all my apps for this week and add that I had to wait 3 weeks, I wonder if I could put this in my motivation maybe also try and get a letter from the attorney and have the 3 weeks less on waiting period?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I have handed in at a different DFO because of the same reason you have. Also remember you can hand in at the DFO in the area where you work.

Thanks, yea, it is the same area..so no luck there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately it seems that I have to wait things out.

But they can be sure that if any of them are refused or delayed, they will get a letter from an attorney..

I have been helped in the past by the guy that shares the same office, but no luck this time..he is off too.

I will date all my apps for this week and add that I had to wait 3 weeks, I wonder if I could put this in my motivation maybe also try and get a letter from the attorney and have the 3 weeks less on waiting period?

Thanks, yea, it is the same area..so no luck there.
    Give your provincial DFO a call and ask him to intervene