Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 SP

User

Default Re: Benelli M2 SP

I asked and got confirmation that we may have one at the Benelli stand this year at Huntex all things going well. Come take a look see ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If a mod deletes your post and you repost it there's a good chance you can expect a loss of posting privelages for a bit. Don't do that!
    Thank You Big T for the advice.

User

You Tube Clip of Benelli M2 SP

User

Curious to hear you say it has factory opening but users will open it more. Why does it not just come with more out the box? It does look like a well appointed shotgun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Curious to hear you say it has factory opening but users will open it more. Why does it not just come with more out the box? It does look like a well appointed shotgun.

Because the factory need it to be aesthetically saleable ,and build for maximum reliability. But we want to drop quads and that takes a bigger port.

User

The Benelli tube sits much shallower in the frame than that of the Beretta 1301 for example.

The Beretta requires aggresive profiling of the frame at the loading port to allow for the loading hand to be more inline with the tube for dueces and quad loading so imo the Benelli requires less profiling of the frame.

As Kim said, everyone wants something different based on their loading style and therfore Benelli profiled the loading port conservatively so that the owner can decide how much profilng he needs based on his loading style.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    The Benelli tube sits much shallower in the frame than that of the Beretta 1301 for example.

The Beretta requires aggresive profiling of the frame at the loading port to allow for the loading hand to be more inline with the tube for dueces and quad loading so imo the Benelli requires less profiling of the frame.

As Kim said, everyone wants something different based on their loading style and therfore Benelli profiled the loading port conservatively so that the owner can decide how much profilng he needs based on his loading style.
    Based on seen the existing M2 ports being opened up, I am glad they moved the serial number

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Because the factory need it to be aesthetically saleable ,and build for maximum reliability. But we want to drop quads and that takes a bigger port.
    Ah ok.

User

Me wants one for sure... Been saving for the M2

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    Me wants one for sure... Been saving for the M2
    It will cost more in upgrades to get your M2 ready, than to just buy the SP.
    Put an extended tube, o/s charge handle on bolt and o/s bolt release on your M2 and you've basically made up the difference.
    I'm seriously considering trading my M2 in for the SP.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast