Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: SAGA Newsflash: Expired Licences

How would we know? Did you… Only you will know.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Thank you Cordite.

ManServant, a key principle of GOSA is that one never throws anyone on our side of the fence under the bus. I would give SAGA hell if they did it to GOSA and vice versa. Likewise anyone who does it here. Unity is strength. Let's never break that rule.

That does not mean that either organisation is infallible or above criticism. But constructive criticism a very different thing to a spirit of divisiveness.
    Affrmative.

User

Have we had any more feedback on this issue?

User

hi

What is the current situation regarding expired licences?

According to the local DFO, the firearm is unlicensed and has to be surrendered.

Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    hiWhat is the current situation regarding expired licences?According to the local DFO, the firearm is unlicensed and has to be surrendered.Thanks
    Completely and utterly wrong. Saps are legally not allowed to take in expired firearms, they must stay in your safe.Court case is still coming up.

User

I'm so tired of DFO 's making up their own fucking dim witted rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    I'm so tired of DFO 's making up their own fucking dim witted rules!!!
    Yes. And to make things worse you cant do anything about it. If try to argue the facts you can be sure that your next application for a license will be in jeopardy.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    According to the local DFO, the firearm is unlicensed and has to be surrendered.
    Ask your local DFO how much he has in his pension fund... because GOSA will take that away from him. That is a clear violation of our court order.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Ask your local DFO how much he has in his pension fund... because GOSA will take that away from him. That is a clear violation of our court order.
    If only someone would do that Paul - just once to make an example of the small minded individual...
    Sadly, and as most of us know, we must dance to the DFO who makes up their own rules just to keep the peace....

I've been there & done that - an application of mine sat on my DFO's desk for 3 months before being captured...SAPS at their finest!!!

For them, having the power over an individual trying to submit an application is simply just to alluring...

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    If only someone would do that Paul - just once to make an example of the small minded individual...
    Sadly, and as most of us know, we must dance to the DFO who makes up their own rules just to keep the peace....

I've been there & done that - an application of mine sat on my DFO's desk for 3 months before being captured...SAPS at their finest!!!

For them, having the power over an individual trying to submit an application is simply just to alluring...
    So here's the secret sauce... there must be a complainant.

People keep asking why GOSA doesn't fight this or that personal battle, but very few people are prepared to stand up and complain formally. Without a specific complainant we have no locus, we have no standing.

Last year in the GOSA renewal case we took an enormous risk (in the face of most considered legal advice) to act as an organisation on behalf of everyone... and the SAPS challenge to our locus was huge and very well founded. We only succeeded because we had brilliant papers (thanks Danie), and a great pugilist of an advocate (thanks Gerhard)... and because the GOSA Exco was prepared to put their own arses on the line (thanks Exco).

We can't do this again... or often, at least ;-{>}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast