Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: SAGA Newsflash: Expired Licences

I'm more shocked to see anything from SAGA, to be honest. Have they all dusted off their tweed coats and stowed their pipes to join the fight?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Have they all dusted off their tweed coats and stowed their pipes to join the fight?
    I think your use of the word "they" and "their" might be overestimating the organization's involvement slightly.

User

I'm more shocked to see anything from SAGA, to be honest. Have they all dusted off their tweed coats and stowed their pipes to join the fight?
    Don't get too excited. If by "join the fight" mean provide forms to fill in as you surrender your firearm, then you would be correct. We are on the brink of the April court case starting. I would have expected slightly more aggressive language than a soft capitulation. Then again it is similar behaviour after the Oscar Pistorius debacle that prompted me to stop supporting them.

However, the advice of SAGA to all affected gun owners in the interim, is that if you are placed in a position where you are found in possession of a firearm which White licence has expired, is to co-operate with the SAPS or any other lawful authority if instructed to hand the firearm over, and not to interfere with their duties.

If any gun owner is instructed to hand over a firearm affected by the latest SAPS communique, please note that there is a standard letter available from SAGA which we suggest should be completed and applied at the time of handover of the firearm to the relevant authority. The letter will make it easy for gun owners to insert their own details and those of the gun(s) in question and also formally reserve any rights that you may have as a gun owner.

User

What a thoroughly unsporting comment, old boy. Just not cricket, you know? Here, have a stack of documents so you can hand in that abhorrent plastic contrivance on your belt. Don't you know that proper guns have smooth bores, polished wood and are properly locked away in a gunroom? None of this "carrying" and "using" nonsense.... tsk tsk.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    What a thoroughly unsporting comment, old boy. Just not cricket, you know? Here, have a stack of documents so you can hand in that abhorrent plastic contrivance on your belt. Don't you know that proper guns have smooth bores, polished wood and are properly locked away in a gunroom? None of this "carrying" and "using" nonsense.... tsk tsk.
    SH's sarcasm has become so refined, I actually missed it.

A rounding huzzah shall be heard!
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

The comments are not really warranted folks. SAGA are there and have done a lot. They just operate differently and yes, they do have challenges.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    The comments are not really warranted folks. SAGA are there and have done a lot. They just operate differently and yes, they do have challenges.
    Their problems are the same as all turncoats have.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Just make sure there are no steps backwards

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Just make sure there are no steps backwards
    This is what worries me. I mean it. I am not saying it sarcastically at all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast