Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SAGA Newsflash: Expired Licences

I think SAGA are still worried about damaging the good working relationship they have with the CFR. They just have not realised that such a thing does not exist. You cannot operate in good faith with people who are looking for every opportunity to undermine what they have agreed to. Show me one agreement they have kept or court order they have adhered to without having to have it enforced by going back to court.

SAGA's biggest failing, in my opinion, is that they still believe that anything can be achieved through negotiation with CFR.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Their problems are the same as all turncoats have.
    Which are what? SAGA have been trying their best to protect gun owners interests since before you born! Now you fall out the tree and call them turncoats!

SAGA is being lambasted here for saying this:

However, the advice of SAGA to all affected gun owners in the interim, is that if you are placed in a position where you are found in possession of a firearm which White licence has expired, is to co-operate with the SAPS or any other lawful authority if instructed to hand the firearm over, and not to interfere with their duties.

What do you bunch of knuckleheads expect them to say? Get into a gunfight with the SAPS?

Yes, SAGA are not as dynamic as GOSA but they're both working to protect our rights. SAGA has contributed to many legal actions against the SAPS and still do. And by the way guys, GOSA was one of the organisations most closely involved with constructive engagement with the CFR (and rightly so) - which later fell apart for unnecessary reasons.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    This is what worries me. I mean it. I am not saying it sarcastically at all.

I'm betting the next amendment to the FCA will be awful. Every gun community needs to stand and fight because this is pretty much going to be it.

But we need our entire community out there to make a noise. UCT's center and the ISS are giving direct input and are completely biased (not surprising given the source of their funding). The Govt will claim input from "experts", the MSM will join them and quote only gun controllers as "experts".

Everyone has a voice. Use social media, write letters to the editors and get yourself heard.

Each one of us has to do something, anything no matter how small.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Which are what? SAGA have been trying their best to protect gun owners interests since before you born! Now you fall out the tree and call them turncoats!

SAGA is being lambasted here for saying this:

However, the advice of SAGA to all affected gun owners in the interim, is that if you are placed in a position where you are found in possession of a firearm which White licence has expired, is to co-operate with the SAPS or any other lawful authority if instructed to hand the firearm over, and not to interfere with their duties.

What do you bunch of knuckleheads expect them to say? Get into a gunfight with the SAPS?

Yes, SAGA are not as dynamic as GOSA but they're both working to protect our rights. SAGA has contributed to many legal actions against the SAPS and still do. And by the way guys, GOSA was one of the organisations most closely involved with constructive engagement with the CFR (and rightly so) - which later fell apart for unnecessary reasons.
    Gunfight with the SAPS - come one!

Knuckle heads - come one!

The impression SAGA gives is one of capitulation, not one of taking the SAPS to task. So people lose faith in what they say and do.

IMO just because they have done something since before I was born means they are still doing it right.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Gunfight with the SAPS - come one!

Knuckle heads - come one!

The impression SAGA gives is one of capitulation, not one of taking the SAPS to task. So people lose faith in what they say and do.

IMO just because they have done something since before I was born means they are still doing it right.
    You're working on your impressions, not on what you know. And on that basis you've decided its your right to crucify one of only two organisations that seek to protect your rights. Do you work for GFSA? You know what they say about sowing dissension in the ranks of the enemy.
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 07-03-2017 at 11:27.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

SAGA is bound by the act as much as the rest of us, their comments are legally correct.Like it or not I have posted before as to why as it currently stands saps position is legally correct, note I use the term legally in the strictest sense.That does not in any way mean that we like it.

User

Let's not eat each other guys. As much criticism as I level at the operations of our brethren, we all have our place in the sun. You can hitch your wagon where you like.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    You're working on your impressions, not on what you know. And on that basis you've decided its your right to crucify one of only two organisations that seek to protect your rights. Do you work for GFSA? You know what they say about sowing dissension in the ranks of the enemy.
    Point taken.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Thank you Cordite.

ManServant, a key principle of GOSA is that one never throws anyone on our side of the fence under the bus. I would give SAGA hell if they did it to GOSA and vice versa. Likewise anyone who does it here. Unity is strength. Let's never break that rule.

That does not mean that either organisation is infallible or above criticism. But constructive criticism a very different thing to a spirit of divisiveness.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Did I miss what happens for a late application for renewal?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast