Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default How active are you AIWB EDC guys ?

Good day guys

I tried a search, but I couldnt really find what I was looking for. If I somehow missed it, please point me in the direction !

I have decided to try out the AIWB move, and busy looking around at different holsters etc. Now the real question. There is a lot of guys on here I have noticed that go AIWB, but how active are you during the day and how comfortable does it get when you are ? Due to my line of work, I do spent a lot of time on building sites. I get in and out of vehicle a lot, on site I climb scaffolding/ladder etc, and only spend minimal time seated at my desk at the office.

I carry my G19 in an Alien Gear tuc, around the 4'o clock position, and it is very comfortable, although what I dont like, is my shirt get caught up on the gun with over stretching/bending etc. I have realised I tuck my shirt a lot to get in back in place, which is bad, and creates a focus point. My work wear is usually a jean or cargo short and untucked golf shirt.

Any comments on AIWB comfort etc on similar type activities during your day time ? Will be appreciated !

Cheers

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: How active are you AIWB EDC guys ?

At at desk most of the day, it can become uncomfortable. When I'm mobile I don't notice it.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Good AIWB suitable holster and it isn't really noticeable. Emphasis on good AIWB suitable holster. Had to carry the Glock 34 AIWB for a while and that wasn't nice.

User

I've found it very comfortable when getting in and out the car, loading and unloading things. Bending at the knees rather than the waist is also good practice/more comfortable.

But if you want to stick to the 4 o'clock carry, I used to carry that position and I found with a tuckable holster and a button up shirt that gets tucked in, bending over and picking up things etc the shirt doesn't ride up

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

User

The good holster makes all the difference.

Banned

AIWB works for some people and not for others so please keep in mind that it can end in a few different ways: great, okish, bothersome or horrible. Body shape, holster position, belt type, perseverance etc all okay a role. The most common type of complaint I got from friends and relatives was that the pistol squeezed into the soft parts. I have to add that most of them had the onset of a slight boep which could have caused trouble.

You would also have to learn to move around the gun - you can't bend down straight but have to bend slightly to one side. Or you have to squat down instead of bending to pick things up.

I move a lot during the day, sometimes on farms and sometimes in town, and always driving or being driven inbetween, or sitting on any thinkable type of chair.

User

I'm on site, in a workshop or in an office with mine every day.

I also run with it and have done obstacle races with it

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

User

I am a lazy bugger, desk bound. However, working with mountain search and rescue and offroading, I get to do weird things, and carry all the time

User

Seems like being stuck in one place all day might actually be worse than moving around a lot ! Thank you for all the inputs guys. Appreciate ! I edc with an Uncle Mikes Instructors belt, nice and solid with D loop etc, so the belt is good, I am not a big oke, 1.79 and 90kg's, with just a little bit of the boep problem, so hopefully it wont dig up to much ! Will just have to try it out and see what happens.

I have read good things on the CKCS and Quantum holsters for AIWB, so will try to get one to touch and feel in the next week or so and take it from there !

User

This month marks exactly two years that I have EDC'd my G19 (almost every day). For the first year I carried exclusivly AIWB with a Quantum holster with absolutely no problems. I am a really skinny bloke and appendix carry works best for concealment with my body type. It took about a week to find the best position and ride height and then to get used to wearing it. After that I can honestly say that it was easy to forget that I was carrying, it really is that comfortable.

However, during this time I was also mostly desk bound with lots of driving or walking around in public and very little physical acrobatics involved. Occasionally climbing a ladder, getting down on my knees in the garden or carrying something heavy was no problem. My daily attire was usually cargo pants or jeans and a collared, button-up shirt hanging loose.

A year ago we moved onto a smallholding/farm in rural Kzn and my lifestyle changed completely. I found that being outdoors the whole day, and involved with lots of strenuous physical activities, I had to change my daily carry configuration. With cargo shorts and a t/shirt being my new "uniform" and doing a lot of bending over (digging holes, hoeing & weeding, crawling under and climbing up/through/over various obstacles) and carrying or pushing heavy stuff (bags, poles, pipes, boulders, wheelbarrows etc) all day every day, my MTAC Comp-Tac IWB holster at 4 O'clock is now my most secure and comfortable carry.

Although my t/shirt often rides up to expose, deep concealment is also no longer a critical concern as I have only one (trusted) employee and we get virtually no visitors. The only time that I feel any discomfort is when I am driving a vehicle but this occurs so seldom (we have no tractors or machinery and everything is done by hand) and is only for a few minutes at a time so no biggie there.

I do still use AIWB carry for our weekly trip into town or when going out to visit friends, but this is for a couple of hours a week at most.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast