Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: re-apply vs appeal

Appeal is my choice. I have not heard of an unsuccessful appeal on a valid motivation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Appeal is my choice. I have not heard of an unsuccessful appeal on a valid motivation.

I've had 3 of my appeals (handled by GOSA/Clark Attorneys) go south due to the HMC/SLR cluster-fuck.. So, now you've heard of one or should I say three.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bar1 View Post
    I've had 3 of my appeals (handled by GOSA/Clark Attorneys) go south due to the HMC/SLR cluster-fuck.. So, now you've heard of one or should I say three.. :)
    In fact your three appeals that were not upheld, were 3 out of 14 appeals in total that were not upheld, that were handled through Clark Attorneys and Gosa, on behalf of GOSA members.

HOWEVER, because you and another member here chose to take one each of those appeals on the SLR competency certificate issue to review towards the end of last year, an ENTIRE community of almost two million private firearm owners, and the industry, benefitted from this.

And the support of GOSA members and Clark Attorneys made this possible, as GOSA through its members covered the basic disbursements (sherrif costs etc.) in your review application, and the relevant firearm friendly lawyers were prepared to support you as individual, and the entire community, with their time, skills, dedication, and a little bit of knowledge.

Another 7 of the 14 appeals that were refused out of the total of more than 100 appeals that were submitted on behalf of GOSA members, also concerned the SLR competency issue.

Since this issue is now sort of out of the way, other issues are being dealt with through review applications. (Remaining 4 appeals that were not successful).

Slowly but surely GOSA is getting into a position where they will one of these days be able to cover all the costs for these review applications and other litigation matters.

This will have the result that we as a community will be able to keep the CFR accountable to play by the current legislation for now.

Without this, CFR and the Appeal Board will just be allowed to continue to make their own rules.

And going forward, and with the support of the community, we will be making the rules and we will continue to make law.

Something that is high on the agenda, is actively working towards a system that has previously been called "license the person".

With your support we can do this.

We are a bit tired of the eb and flow of this FCA and all the issues that continuously go with it, and how it is being used to achieve certain political agendas.

As are a growing number of the population and political parties and an increasing number of the current ruling party's officials and leaders.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    In fact your three appeals that were not upheld, were 3 out of 14 appeals in total that were not upheld, that were handled through Clark Attorneys and Gosa, on behalf of GOSA members.

HOWEVER, because you and another member here chose to take one each of those appeals on the SLR competency certificate issue to review towards the end of last year, an ENTIRE community of almost two million private firearm owners, and the industry, benefitted from this.

And the support of GOSA members and Clark Attorneys made this possible, as GOSA through its members covered the basic disbursements (sherrif costs etc.) in your review application, and the relevant firearm friendly lawyers were prepared to support you as individual, and the entire community, with their time, skills, dedication, and a little bit of knowledge.

Another 7 of the 14 appeals that were refused out of the total of more than 100 appeals that were submitted on behalf of GOSA members, also concerned the SLR competency issue.

Since this issue is now sort of out of the way, other issues are being dealt with through review applications. (Remaining 4 appeals that were not successful).

Slowly but surely GOSA is getting into a position where they will one of these days be able to cover all the costs for these review applications and other litigation matters.

This will have the result that we as a community will be able to keep the CFR accountable to play by the current legislation for now.

Without this, CFR and the Appeal Board will just be allowed to continue to make their own rules.

And going forward, and with the support of the community, we will be making the rules and we will continue to make law.

Something that is high on the agenda, is actively working towards a system that has previously been called "license the person".

With your support we can do this.

We are a bit tired of the eb and flow of this FCA and all the issues that continuously go with it, and how it is being used to achieve certain political agendas.

As are a growing number of the population and political parties and an increasing number of the current ruling party's officials and leaders.
    Preach it!

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Update:

A large bundle of the refusal letters in these matters that went on appeal, have now "found their way" to parliament.

CFR will now have to explain there why they think a .38 snubby is a machine gun, etc.

And that the NCACC "refused" a Browning High Power.

And the list goes on.

They can therefore now try and convince the representatives of the People of the RSA that the FCA is a workable system and that they can be left in control of it in any event, and that they are not actively abusing the system, and that they do not have an agenda to disarm people, by going as far as to not comply with the FCA themselves.

Thanks to all who decided to take issue with these refusals.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Good stuff!!
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Thanks for all the leg work.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Banned

so what was the slr issue and outcome

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Update:

A large bundle of the refusal letters in these matters that went on appeal, have now "found their way" to parliament.

CFR will now have to explain there why they think a .38 snubby is a machine gun, etc.

And that the NCACC "refused" a Browning High Power.

And the list goes on.

They can therefore now try and convince the representatives of the People of the RSA that the FCA is a workable system and that they can be left in control of it in any event, and that they are not actively abusing the system, and that they do not have an agenda to disarm people, by going as far as to not comply with the FCA themselves.

Thanks to all who decided to take issue with these refusals.
    Oh YEAH baby!!!!Good stuff guys thanks for all the hard work!

Regards

Werner

User

Fantastic effort. Thanks to all involved.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast