Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Dashprod Shotgun Owners Thread

Borderline necro-post it seems... I'm also looking for a 3% charging handle for my semi-auto Dashprod, does anyone know where I could source one from?

User

Am also keen to hear from fellow SAR Dashprod owners whether anybody has (a) has the lower reloading port opened up for quicker reloading (and if so, by whom and approx price); and (b) whether other semi-auto owners also have a metal clip on the side of the stock (mid way to the butt) which appears to be for their sling.

Am keen on following the advice above re replacing the pistol grip stock for a regular stock and then fitting a tactical sling (as per the pics and advice above).

Any comments and input re the above would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Ps. Thanks P30 for your input re the sling (will hopefully have some spare cash in 2019 to undertake this upgrade).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I.think you may struggle to find anything for these guns.

It's a problem with generic brand guns. Very little support and after market accessories.

User

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Hi all,

I am also a proud Dashprod owner. Fitted a sling yesterday...

Attachment 25499Attachment 25500
    Hi All,

Thanks to P30 for his useful info on how he went about fitting a two-point sling onto his shottie (see details above and before the linked post).

That said, I already have a Magpul MS4 (dual QD) sling for my AR15 and was wondering whether anybody has perhaps worked out a useful (read practical and relatively affordable) way of using such a one-point and two-point sling on their SAR Dashprod shotgun. See link to the type of sling I have: https://www.magpul.com/products/ms4-dual-qd-sling-gen2

I have a match on Sat and we need to have slings for our shotties, so I need to make a plan within the next few days...

In short, I imagine that I need to find some form of QD attachment (which probably goes over the ammo tube and barrel at the front of the shotgun) and then a mounting point behind the trigger guard/on the butt, so that I can sling the shotgun either using a single mounting point (with the sling as a single point sling) or a double mounting point (with the sling as a two-point sling).

If any of you have such a solution, please would you let me know what you did, where you found the items and their approx. costs etc.

Many thanks in advance!!

User

tayls what stock do you have

the pump came with that tacticool adjustable stock
    has a sling mount on it

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    tayls what stock do you have

the pump came with that tacticool adjustable stock
    has a sling mount on it
    Mine came with the full pistol-grip... am aware that I can simply tie the "D" ring from the QD attachment onto the existing butt clip, but this then means I need to stay with a single-point sling throughout the whole event (which may not be ideal)...

User

See the link to the more general thread I have just posted under the "Shotguns" section (with pics of the shotgun's configuration).

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...i-auto-shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks to P30 for his useful info on how he went about fitting a two-point sling onto his shottie (see details above and before the linked post).

That said, I already have a Magpul MS4 (dual QD) sling for my AR15 and was wondering whether anybody has perhaps worked out a useful (read practical and relatively affordable) way of using such a one-point and two-point sling on their SAR Dashprod shotgun. See link to the type of sling I have: https://www.magpul.com/products/ms4-dual-qd-sling-gen2

I have a match on Sat and we need to have slings for our shotties, so I need to make a plan within the next few days...

In short, I imagine that I need to find some form of QD attachment (which probably goes over the ammo tube and barrel at the front of the shotgun) and then a mounting point behind the trigger guard/on the butt, so that I can sling the shotgun either using a single mounting point (with the sling as a single point sling) or a double mounting point (with the sling as a two-point sling).

If any of you have such a solution, please would you let me know what you did, where you found the items and their approx. costs etc.

Many thanks in advance!!
    Why not get a sling that works with your gun, rather than cobbling together some sort of mount that works with your gun?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Why not get a sling that works with your gun, rather than cobbling together some sort of mount that works with your gun?
    Ha ha ha -- good point, SSP. The main reason is because I am trying to be practical and have only one sling (and avoid buying yet another sling for the few occasions when I run the shottie with a sling).... and besides, my view is that I will only ever be running one long gun with a sling at a time!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast