User

Default A simple trigger weight check

On the British Militaria forum a friend was trying to work on his Martini and had a very heavy trigger pull so I showed him a trick to lighten the pull without changing the originality of the rifle. I have done mine and have a lovely 2 lb trigger so I did a short video to show them how to check the trigger weight without the fancy shop bought scales.

For those with a martini who want to lighten the trigger this is a simple fix
    I got round to stripping the action down and getting a couple of pics today.
    The trigger group out of the rifle

Remove the trigger spring and make a shim washer but cut the bottom 2/3's off it so that it looks a bit like this.

place the part shim washer to the rear of the spring location. This will lower the tension which acts against the seer and the good thing is that nothing is altered in the way of originality. Some have advocated grinding the sides of the spring to weaken it but this is much better in my opinion. The spring is kept as it always was and depending on the amount of shim thickness you use, you can taylor the release to suit your hunting or target needs.

Replace the spring and reasemble the rifle to check for the trigger release weight and adjust the shim thickness as required. It dosent take a great deal of shim thickness to alter the release weight significanty.

User

Default Re: A simple trigger weight check

Nice tip, I did the same thing just with a bottle of water :)

Wish we didn't have the painful licensing procedures, I'd love one of these because of excellent reasons. (aka Battlefield 1 :) )