Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default DFO working hours

Hi Guys,

What sort of hours does your DFO work? I ask because ours in Rustenburg have reduced their hours again. Used to be 8 to 5, 5 days a week, then they stopped taking applications on a Friday, now they have stopped on a Monday as well. They also close at 2-30 on the remaining few days and also close for lunch. Is this general or limited to Rustenburg?

User

Default Re: DFO working hours

That's not unusual. My previous DFO office only took apps four days a week and closed for 45 minutes for lunch and closed again at 15:00. Current DFO works about the same hours and only three days a week, although in fairness they seem to keep the other days open for safe inspections and paperwork.

User

At Bedfordview, they open from 8am-5pm.
    However they don't take apps on a Thursday, as that the day they take the apps through to provincial, and collect cards and do safe inspections.
    I used to take my apps in on a Wednesday, cause I knew they would go the next day and possible forgotten on a pile of paper work.
    That was when Warrant Van Der Merve was there before he passed away last year. He was brilliant and was a sad loss to Bedfordview station.
    Maraika helped me with my renewals end last year, she was helpful.
    She has big shoes to fill compared to Warrant V.dMerve

Pity they are not regulated, we used to be 8 to 5 but they seem to make their own rules.

User

If they make their own rules on licensing, applications for storage permits, 200+ round limits etc., they'll happily make up their own rules for working hours!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

Will come up here for the DFO's they are put under more pressure do other duties so are left less time to deal with app in take.

Usually need to be there before 8 for stations meeting, after 15:00 they are out on the road with the 101 inspections required by the head Boteier.
    Sometimes they are called out for the whole day to do other duties like roadblocks.

I've had a the head DFO at our station checking info and calling me on his OFF day because he was on other duties for 7 days straight.

User

Echo what HvR says.

Whilst he may not be taking appointments at that time, I often get the new app SMS's well after 7 PM, not because the system is vertraag but because he is working then.

He not only has to deal with us, but does the full range of FLASH functions as well as being the station PR person, yet whenever possible, he is available to us for drop ins.

User

I get that there are DFOs that have other duties and go out of their way to help.

Those at my station do not. I've had them refuse to see me because it was 15:00 and the process to receive my app might take more than 45 minutes and they were told they could leave at 15:45 instead of 16:00.

My sample size is one. I've only ever dealt with one station and every single experience (bar collecting the physical licence cards) was shocking. I have a list as long as my arm of negative things to say. I wish it was different, but it isn't.

Hi SeanG.
    I am truly sorry to learn of the death of WO Van Der Merve.
    As you say he was fantastic.
    Visited my house to carry out a safe inspection and was a true professional and, so rare these days, a gentleman.
    May He Rest in Peace.
    Regards.
    Keith.
    Last edited by keithbatkins; 13-03-2017 at 16:54. Reason: spelling

Garsfontein DFO office hours
    Monday to Thursday only
    08:15 to 15:00
    Lunch break 13:00-13:30
    sleep when you're dead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast