Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Take or not

User

Default Take or not

I can get a Williams and sons double hammer shotgun in a case with some funny tools for reloading. It is a BP gun with Dumascus barrels.
    Its VERY nice and fit me like a glove. No rust, pitting and beautiful wood and engraving. Will it be worth the trouble and how difficult will it
    be to get her shooting again.
    I can not show pictures of her because I only ran into her for a minute when a old guy showed her to me where we slept for a wedding.
    I really thought she was pretty and showed my appreciation, now the oom phoned me and said I can have her because no one in his
    family wants the gun. His son actualy said they must throw THE THING in the sea when the old man showed her to me.
    I told the son he must put something of him in a meat grinder so that he dont spawn children like him and I think the old man liked it.

User

Default Re: Take or not

Quote Originally Posted by essie View Post
    I can get a Williams and sons double hammer shotgun in a case with some funny tools for reloading. It is a BP gun with Dumascus barrels.
    Its VERY nice and fit me like a glove. No rust, pitting and beautiful wood and engraving. Will it be worth the trouble and how difficult will it
    be to get her shooting again.
    I can not show pictures of her because I only ran into her for a minute when a old guy showed her to me where we slept for a wedding.
    I really thought she was pretty and showed my appreciation, now the oom phoned me and said I can have her because no one in his
    family wants the gun. His son actualy said they must throw THE THING in the sea when the old man showed her to me.
    I told the son he must put something of him in a meat grinder so that he dont spawn children like him and I think the old man liked it.
    I would definitely take it. You can never have enough firearms, and especially so with Black Powder guns.
    Oh, and in return you can perhaps buy him a "wors masjien" to give to his son as a birthday present

User

Take. Cannot be that difficult to get it shooting again and I am sure there will be someone on here that will be able to answer your BP related questions.

BP is just very expensive to buy and shoot.
    Other then that buy it.

Banned

I have two BP muzzleloading shotguns. They are fun to shoot and almost as effective as modern shotguns. However, they are replicas with modern steel barrels and black powder and components are fairly easy to get here. It should be very simple to restore to shooting condition.

Is it a percussion gun, a flintlock or a cartridge gun? What gauge?

User

Take it! Figure out how to get it shooting while you wait for the licence.

User

I take it to be a breech loading gun? In that case a normal license is required.

Do take it, book it into a convenient dealer's stock, and then you can decide what tot do with it. If you do not want to go the whole 10 yards to feed a BP gun, you should have no difficulty finding a BP enthusiast or collector who will gladly give it a good home.

For a valuation, you could try Classic Arms in Witbank or Blunderbuss in Alberton.

User

AR I am in Cape Town but thanks for the valuation tip.

User

Quote Originally Posted by essie View Post
    AR I am in Cape Town but thanks for the valuation tip.
    Ahh, missed that. I don't know who to ask in the Cape, but I seem to remember someone at Suburban that was into old guns.

The 2 mentioned shops can off course be contacted by phone and pics sent by e-mail.

Essie if you decide to pass up I would be interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast