Default Burris Ballistic LaserScope III 4-16x50 (X96)

I know I am entering rough terrain now. But what do you think about putting a Burris Ballistic LaserScope III 4-16x50 (X96)
    On a Howa 1500 308

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Burris Ballistic LaserScope III 4-16x50 (X96)

Following this :)

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

User

Well, if you intend to shoot far, and dont like doing the dope yourself, then its the answer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Dont own one, but have heard that they can be a bit of a fiddle to set up correctly. Once set up, thet seem to work well for hunting. Reticle to me is quite thick, makes precision shooting a bit harder.

I have been a long standing user of the Burris III. I have it on my .308, on the .300 WM and I had it on the .243 which I have now sold. In my experience it is not difficult to set up a Burris. All you need is an accurate measure of the bullet speed and the BC of the bullet you are using. These values are put into a ballistics program and then a drop value is calculated at 750 yards. Once the drop value is entered you are ready to go and test. Should your 200 - 400 meters hit a bit high or a bit low then you adjust the BC a few points up or down.

I currently have a Burris III for sale if you are interested. It came off the .243 that I sold and the cost is R16k. You are welcome to emial me at master@wetdog.co.za if you need more information about using a Burris or if you are interested in the scope. I am based in Paarl.

I have the same Burris scope and agree with Boesman10.
    It is easier to set-up the electronics than one anticipated, but it is very much a case of "fear of the unknown".
    It is a great hunting scope and by taking out the guess work with the distances, it does pay itself off, by in my opinion, preventing wounding animals with effective range finding.

With regards to the "thick" reticule, agree it is a bit thicker than usual, but I have shot quite a few tight groupings, again it is a case of getting to know your tool.
    Can only recommend the scope to someone who is willing to get to know it and to work with it.

All Boesman's description of how to set-up the scope if accurate. BUT please consider to RELOAD, should you want to own this scope, as the long distance you want to shoot with it makes factory loads a challenge. Alwyn

Ok guys I am a year or more late on this tread but here goes...

I got me one and stuck it on my 270 Winchester.
    Acquired some Nosler Accubond Longe Range 150gr bullets that group beautifully on 100 meters ie. half inch groups, Muzzle Velocity 2800 fps. With a BC of. 0.625 should take me to the max of the scope's range (if I am on dope maybe 😂) but you get my drift pardon the pun...

My problem tho is the following : Burris' website app gives me a bullet drop on those numbers of 115 at 750 yards. 115 what? Inches? It gives the same number whether I change the scope to meters or yards. So I assume it is inches.

The second problem is that other ballistic apps give me a bullet drop on the same numbers of 135 to 145 inches. Damn that is a total miss on a shot at the barn.

OK I understand I need to go burn some powder but heck, a difference of 500-750mm at a range of 750 yards, the bullet drop required by the scope for proper setup.

Any informed opinions out the please.

The bullet drop is in inches. If you know the BC of the bullets, program into scope. Zero at 100 yards or 91m. Put a bullet drop of 150 inches in scope. Shoot at target at 750 yards or 687m. Spotter will make it easier for you to tell if impact is high or low. Dial drop in until you're on target. This is irrespective whether you're scope's settings are in yards or metres. I have done this more than once. You should be on target on all the distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Burris is a FFP scope and the drop will be correct no matter what magnification. Lovely scopes especially for hunting. Rangefinder is fast and accurate. Wish the reticle was a bit finer. The windage dots on the reticle compensates for a 10mph wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

RFP which is SFP.