Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: ORT follow home ending badly for a perp

Quote Originally Posted by bcs View Post
    THIS ^

The modus operandi of criminals and how they decide to attack a particular target is extremely important for us to know. The neighbour's gardener has been extremely interested in our place lately and I'm wondering if I should be more vigilant.
    Be!

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

while it is a feel good story, its extremely inaccurate.

firstly the victim was shot through the lung not anywhere near the shoulder (after 3 operations already doctors are confident he will make a full recovery)

secondly there were four suspects not three

thirdly the suspect that had been arrested was not the one that was shot

fourthly the suspect that was shot is lying in hospital somewhere after meeting a mob

fifthly 2 guns were recovered

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by yusuf_b View Post
    while it is a feel good story, its extremely inaccurate.

firstly the victim was shot through the lung not anywhere near the shoulder (after 3 operations already doctors are confident he will make a full recovery)

secondly there were four suspects not three

thirdly the suspect that had been arrested was not the one that was shot

fourthly the suspect that was shot is lying in hospital somewhere after meeting a mob

fifthly 2 guns were recovered

Pretty much correct. As one of the first responders to the scene , can confirm this. We were in the area and heard the shots. When we got to the scene there were no medics or police yet, just the neighbours and community members. What I can take away from this incident is, be calm. Notify emergency services. Dont park your car in a way that blocks the emergency services entrance and exit.Never leave home without your torch.Having some first aid knowledge in a case Like this is definitely an asset. Have the correct mindset. There is a reason people often reccomend high capacity handguns, this is the second incident I have been to and I whole heartedly agree.

User

If we are allowed to know this info yet. Any idea as to how many shots were fired at the BG's?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

User

my question is, how does the driver of the vehicle not see that he is being followed, from OR to PTA.
    Surely he wouldve noticed something.

I frequent the airport alot picking up and dropping off people.
    Most often in times its the guys trying to help you carry your bags and somehow pretend to assist where they can.
    There are more than often weird characters hanging around at the collection/pickup area.
    just have to keep your eyes open all the time especially with events like these occurring more often.

As for the CPF, well done guys and/or ladies, in the westrand we promote cpfs being started, with proper structure and code of conducts, we promote cpfs establishing a working relationship with their saps station, station commanders, captains, etc, not only are you the eyes and ears, but you assist with scene control, victim support, establish relationships with medical support associations,eg, netcare, er24, which ever is closer to your area and readily available.

Also ensure your guys follow scene management training, as we learnt the hard way.
    Have a victim support team as well.
    Good thing to have your patrollers attend first aid training, this will help in the time while medics are on route as proved above.

User

unfortunately the victim has succumb to his injuries... He passed away yesterday morning

User

So sorry.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

RIP
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2