Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old knives

User

Default Old knives

Can anyone help me with values of these knives. They are not for sale. Was my grandfathers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Old knives

Nice, very nice. Can't help on the value.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

R400-R600 each.

nice collection
    collectors will pay if they really want something so just be happy in the knowledge that they are valuable

Banned

For the top six knives I have seen prices varying from R30 to R2000 for one very specific edition. I heard somewhere that these are mostly reproduction pieces. The originals made in Germany are apparently worth more but I do not know more.

User

My dad also had a Bulbro like the one in the last picture, he always had it with him.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

User

Thanks. There is allot more...
    One more,

User

Quote Originally Posted by RickusSniper View Post
    Can anyone help me with values of these knives. They are not for sale. Was my grandfathers.

OK, so can someone educate me about these knives in the first picture. I've seen them in various places over the past few decades and always thought there must be a worthwhile story behind them, given my proudly South African outlook on life. Anyone out there with some real knowledge?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    OK, so can someone educate me about these knives in the first picture. I've seen them in various places over the past few decades and always thought there must be a worthwhile story behind them, given my proudly South African outlook on life. Anyone out there with some real knowledge?
    The first knives were supposedly made in Solingen in silent support of the Boer cause during the Anglo Boer War. They were sold in Germany and Europe but later on found their way to SA. There was something about the handle material of the first batches which makes them recognisable but I have forgotten what it is.

Very nice blades you have there, the Puma Waidblatt especially! I purchased a Waidblatt and Jagdnicker combo for a friend here recently at R 4 750.00 which was a steal, yours is probably worth upwards of R 6 000.00 depending on the year and overall condition, I have seen good vintage examples sell for R 9 000.00

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast