User

Default Another attack in Belgium.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/man...olice-20170323

Looks like another terror related attack in Antwerp, Belgium

Man arrested trying to drive into crowd in Belgium

2017-03-23 16:00

(File, AP)
    Multimedia · User Galleries · News in Pictures Send us your pictures · Send us your stories

Brussels - Belgian police arrested a man on Thursday after he tried to drive into a crowd at high-speed in a shopping area in the port city of Antwerp, a police chief said.
    The man was of north African origin and used a car with French registration plates, Antwerp police chief Serge Muyters said.
    The incident came a day after an attack on the British parliament killed three people plus the attacker, as well as after the first anniversary of the Brussels attacks in which 32 people died.
    "A vehicle with French plates has tried to drive at high speed into the Meir (shopping street). A man in camouflage was taken away," Muyters told a news conference.

The pedestrians had to jump aside," he said.
    "My gratitude on behalf of all Antwerp to the soldiers who have intervened, the police services and the special intervention force," Antwerp mayor Bart de Wever tweeted.
    Belgian authorities say they have raised security in the port of Antwerp since the incident at the busy shopping street.
    Once the car was intercepted at the port docks and the man arrested, authorities raised security in the centre of town on Thursday, in places where people normally gather, Muyters said.
    No further information could be given, he said. Prime Minister Charles Michel said that "we remain vigilant. Our security services have done excellent work."
    Belgium: Terrorist of north African descent with car full of weapons tries to mow down people in busy shopping area. https://t.co/dm0l6Ju5W8
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Default Re: Another attack in Belgium.

I guess he was also a "gunman", just like the guy in London?

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    I guess he was also a "gunman", just like the guy in London?
    But of course! See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy View Post
    Belgium: Terrorist of north African descent with car full of weapons tries to mow down people in busy shopping area. https://t.co/dm0l6Ju5W8

Of course then the only armed people in London were the police and the dude with the knife.

User

Did the guy in London pay his congestion charge?

User

Damn Buddhist's, can't drive fo shit.