Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    I see they do a +1 for me too. From 7 to 8.
    Yeah I was posting for the OP mostly but great that they do it for the .40 too. That’s what I have also.

I gotta put an Apex trigger in my Shield. I just LOVE the feel of my 9mm Pro Series now. The mushy, flexi, non confidence inspiring POS OEM trigger is gone. I swear it feels so much more like a good 1911 trigger, which to me is the standard all triggers should be measured by.

I don’t know about the 2.0 triggers but I suspect they are not all that different to the 1.0 models. The Apex offerings are the best thing you can do for an M&P semi auto.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    Just found these.....takes 8 round mag to 10 rounds.

https://hyvetechnologiesbuilder.com/.../shield-9mm-2/
    If it doesn’t come with an extra power spring I would stay away from that for any serious business

User

Default Re: New S&M MP SHIELD M2.0

I just want to known if this S&M v2.0 Shield is the new kinkier version of the old S&W Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I just want to known if this S&M v2.0 Shield is the new kinkier version of the old S&W Shield?
    Based on what S&W do (and don't) say on their product page, its the front "riffles", aggressive grip texture, and a PC-like trigger. Guessing that the last one also eliminates autoforwarding too, as in other M2.0 models. No mention of an extended chassis.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

Yeah I was posting for the OP mostly but great that they do it for the .40 too. That’s what I have also.I gotta put an Apex trigger in my Shield. I just LOVE the feel of my 9mm Pro Series now. The mushy, flexi, non confidence inspiring POS OEM trigger is gone. I swear it feels so much more like a good 1911 trigger, which to me is the standard all triggers should be measured by.I don’t know about the 2.0 triggers but I suspect they are not all that different to the 1.0 models. The Apex offerings are the best thing you can do for an M&P semi auto.
    Just don't expect the same feel from the Shield trigger kit. Mine definitely took the better part of 2lb off the pull, and added all the familiar Apex characteristics of shorter, smooth takeup, crisp break, tiny overtravel, and a very short travel to a audible and tactile reset. BUT it still doesn't feel like an Apex forward set sear and trigger kit for the other models. Then again my OEM trigger was easily north of 8lb.I'm waiting on my M2.0 flatty kit to get here, so I've been watching several reviews lately. The M2.0 kits appear to be be another evolutionary jump over the gen1 kits again. All you expect from Apex, just better.

User

I'm waiting on my M2.0 flatty kit to get here.....
    M&P fanboi huh?

M&P fanboi huh?
    So it appears, albeit unintentionally. My biggest problem now is finding FDE safety frame plugs here. Waiting on feedback from S&W via the agents. That massive, intrusive thumb safety is still my biggest gripe. Fortunately it's easily removed.

User

My biggest problem now is finding FDE safety frame plugs here.
    Those little plugs are $1.99 at Midway......but in black. Won’t that match the rest of the hardware though.....roll pins, take down lever, slide lock etc?

Either that or just spray paint a black one and pop it in.....done!

Those little plugs are $1.99 at Midway......but in black. Won’t that match the rest of the hardware though.....roll pins, take down lever, slide lock etc?Either that or just spray paint a black one and pop it in.....done!
    Got sorted with S&W, but they still have to get shipped on the next order etc etc so I've also ordered a black set for the interim.BTW they're free from S&W, just a phone call away, at least over on your side of the pond

User

I may have to call them for a new spring retainer for one of my 9mm mags. Opened it up, got distracted by the wife bothering me....things went SPROOOOINGGG!!! ..........and I couldn’t find it. Tore the garage apart, looked in all the 1000 open top containers etc, ran an extendable magnet underneath cabinets etc etc etc....

Gone!!! The garage fairy took another of my small parts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3