Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up New S&M MP SHIELD M2.0

Hey guys. How's it doing? Just saw new vid on the release of Smith and Wesson mp shield
    M2.0. Anyone tried it yet? Was already thinking of choosing the mp shield m1.0, looks like its a good year for me to choose my very first gun.

User

Default Re: New S&M MP SHIELD M2.0

I think there's only the regular M&P Shield at the moment, no M2.0 of the Shield. I've only heard of the M&P 9, 40 and 45 in the new M2.0 range.

Hi Nyt Ryda. Thanks for quick reply. Could you please tell me the differences between the mp range of pistols and whether I should go for m2.0 or the shield for my first gun choice. Is the m2.0 for sale in RSA yet and if so where could I get it or rent it. Thank

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

You can do a comparison on the S&W website
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Oh thanks. The mp shield is small and for concealing and the mp 2.0 is full size pistol with more than double the bullet capacity. Wish they could make the shield the same way. Judging from the vids the upgrades really do make a difference and am considering getting the mp 2.0 but concealing is an issue.

Does anyone know where I could rent and test the shield and the mp m2.0 in Johannesburg?

User

As I mentioned before, I have a Shield in .40 S&W....same size as the 9mm. You will have to make the decision between comfort and uber concealability....... or larger magazine capacity but full size concealment challenges....depending on your clothing choices.

If you were here I would say get the Shield. It is a super gun to carry....very slim, light and overall small. A real pleasure. But what I am led to believe is that there is a trend towards multiple armed attackers in SA....gang mentality......so capacity and spare magazines come into play big time.

I also have a 9mm M&P Pro Series but it's a 5" barrel so is a tickle more challenging to conceal than a regular full size M&P. My BIL has a couple M&P compacts and a full size M&P. He really likes them all, but prefers to carry his Shield on a daily basis at work and stuff. For different carry situations he might go to his 40C. We both use the Crossbreed Mini Tuck IWB holster for our Shields. After he tried mine he got one also....very comfortable. I sometimes forget I am wearing a gun.

Here is an article that explains the differences. As I see it the big "improvements" are a better trigger and a stiffer frame along with 4 instead of 3 grip inserts and a lightened slide. As far as triggers, most M&P 1.0 owners would just go to the Apex trigger kits for a better trigger with more tactile reset.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/new...-hands-review/

User

Perhaps this will be visually helpful. These are images of my M&P 9mm Pro Series and the M&P Shield .40. Visually take off 1" off the Pro Series will be roughly what a full size M&P looks in length.

At the narrowest point on the slides the Shield is about 21.6mm wide and the Pro Series is about 22.5mm wide as measured with metric vernier calipers.

Hope this helps.

I work in a NPE, so carry a 40 Shield at the office and my M&P40c everywhere else.

The Shield has spoiled me ito comfortable concealment though, and it's often an act of will to switch to the larger, fatter firearm with higher capacity.

An issue I have found with the Shield is grip size - I run the L backstrap on the 40c, so the Shield grip is pretty tiny in my hand. About to try a Hogue grip sleeve to add some girth and surface area to the equation.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by SlashHarken View Post
    Does anyone know where I could rent and test the shield and the mp m2.0 in Johannesburg?
    Do not know if you would be able to test drive but you can at least compare sizes, Dave Sheer has the M&P line on the shelf. Compare the Compact and Shield.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast