Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .303 Spares

User

Default .303 Spares

Hi guys

I am looking for spares for my SMLE no1 mkIII, especially for the nosecap plunger and spring that puts the correct up-pressure on the barrel. I have not shot the rifle yet and am not expecting it to be a tack driver, these were battle-rifles afterall, but I would like to get a few odd spares and maybe even new original woodwork as the current stock has seen better days. I have found websites in the us and uk but would prefer a local supplier. Do we have shops in SA with these kind of old milsurp spares? Any help would be gladly appreciated.

User

Default Re: .303 Spares

Probably the best would be to try Blunderbuss Gun and Sport in Alberton. 011-867-0370
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Banned

Advanced Guntech in Potchefstroom used to have a box of 303 spares. They might be able to help. 018 297 4702

User

Vince Phipson, a gunsmith from Gauteng: 011 672 4228
    I've ordered some Enfield parts from him in the past.

You may be pleasantly surprised with your No1 MkIII; Two of mine consistently shoot sub 35mm groups at 100m.
    Best group with one of them so far was 28mm, 3 shot group, standard battle sights.

User

Thank you for the replies, will have a look and see if I can find what I am looking for.

Those are some nice groups Daan! Your rifles must be in great condition, from what I have gathered so far they seem to be quite complicated for the time. I am trying not to add/remove too much on the rifle, it mostly has sentimental value and I would like to keep it as standard as possible, hence me looking for some of the original spare parts. I am a huge fan of long range precision rifles and calibres, and plan to one day get into precision shooting just for sport, but I must say seeing and stripping this "old ugly beast" has gotten me very excited, even with all the dents and scratches in the stock and all the cosmoline, I like it a lot and can't help but wonder where this old rifle has been and what its history was.

User

Hello Wolf777 (and others) I'm waiting for my license for same LE as yours. Ex SAW stock and belonged to my father. He handed it in at dealer in 2008 because he did not want to renew it to "white license" and it's been sitting there since then. Late 2016 I came across the storage receipt, enquired at dealer, and it was still there. I've never shot it (and also don't believe my dad either), but felt a strange affection when I held it. "Ugly beast" indeed. Can't wait to get my hands on the rifle to strip it down, clean out all the storage grease and gunk, some restoration, and shooting it. I also plan to keep it as close to original as possible, so contacts provided above very useful. Can you maybe post some photos etc. as you go along (or some shortcuts and pitfalls to avoid) for a newbie please? Good luck and enjoy project.

User

I have a box full of various bits n pieces,but mainly wooden furniture bits.

I was given to me for free,so pm me with pics of what you are looking for so I can have a look see.

For free,shipping for your account.

Hi C G

There would not by any chance be a scope mount in your box of tricks for a late model 303?
    cheers
    Sean

User

@ Sean,

sadly not sorry.

User

which model scope mount are you looking for. i have one off a 1917 enfield.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast