Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Why the need to reapply for DSS annualy?

I have asked Marge for clarification and will revert when she gets back to me.

What she told me when I enquired a few days back was "U need to apply for DSS each year, this is not automatically renewed."

On the site my fees reflected as paid and my points were greater than 20 for 2016 but my DSS status reflected as "Not Active". There was no 2017 cert available for download and there was a lonk for DSS application in the main menu. I applied and 15 minites later the DSS staus had updated and 2017 cert was available for download.

Im with CTSASA (Clay Pigeon). And you dont have to get a new DSS every year. However they have a rule of 200 clays you have to shoot in a competition a year to be DSS.
    If you fail in the year to do this. They do contact you in advance to tell you your below the amount. And that they have to inform CFR if you fail.

So according to me. You dont have to reapply. But if you stop competing completely or give up shooting in the year. You will loose it.
    Since in effect your not dedicated to shooting anymore in that year.

User

I posed the same question to Marge via e-mail today.
    I had DSS status previously with SADPA, and was asked to re-apply to renew my DSS status each year form the website.
    My membership has not lapsed and I have more than the required participation points each year to maintain status, thus don't understand the need for re-application each year.
    I will wait for the reply, perhaps I am missing something.
    Regard, Thinus.

User

Short version: You don't have to reapply each year. You can generate your DSS certificate from the website provided you've met the requirements (paid up, done then required number of shoots). That's how it's supposed to work but this is the first year the database in the background of the website did it by itself. As with anything software, some kinks need to be ironed out. The people involved are also only learning to work the new system.

This isn't the official communication but I happened to be in the same room as Marge and the Director of Administration today and this was discussed.

User

Thank you for the unofficial clarification Tetelestai.
    Regards, Thinus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for the feedback.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Im with CTSASA (Clay Pigeon). And you dont have to get a new DSS every year. However they have a rule of 200 clays you have to shoot in a competition a year to be DSS.
    If you fail in the year to do this. They do contact you in advance to tell you your below the amount. And that they have to inform CFR if you fail.

So according to me. You dont have to reapply. But if you stop competing completely or give up shooting in the year. You will loose it.
    Since in effect your not dedicated to shooting anymore in that year.
    This post is in the IDPA (SAPSA) part of the forum. Your non-related post here is therefore irrelevant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2