Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Questions and Answers

Insurance is a numbers game: you win by getting more people to join and paying less in claims.

Good marketing and spin gets you more people, and the fine print prevents them from claiming.

Simple.

Compared to other legal assistance policies:-

Gunsure will assess your claim in 24-48 hours by speaking to SAPS. This is BS. They should be available immediately without first deciding if you're guilty or innocent.

Other legal assistance policies will also cover you for a self defense situation.
    No questions asked.

This is not unique to Gunsure. The only thing unique about them is all the fine print.

Whether you use a toothbrush, a Ninja sword or your uncle's voorlaaier, you should be covered.

Maybe read the policy docs of other legal assistance policies and decide for yourself.

All the confusion around what they cover and the miscommunication in between, is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Questions and Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Why should the firearm be listed with you. Should it not be enough to be able to show that it is licensed?
    We would like a list of firearms for our record keeping and in the event of a shooting so that we know what the firearms are that are owned by the shooter.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsure View Post
    We would like a list of firearms for our record keeping and in the event of a shooting so that we know what the firearms are that are owned by the shooter.
    Can you please explain why you need to keep a record of the firearms I hold? Is the purpose of this not to insure ME against an incident? I know this is a new field to venture in, but I am not too happy with what I have heard \ read so far.

User

Quote Originally Posted by diazepam View Post
    Can you please explain why you need to keep a record of the firearms I hold? Is the purpose of this not to insure ME against an incident? I know this is a new field to venture in, but I am not too happy with what I have heard \ read so far.
    "We would like a list of firearms for our record keeping and in the event of a shooting so that we know what the firearms are that are owned by the shooter."

This is not entirely correct!!!!!! A person is only covered if he/she uses a firearm listed on the insurance app. (PLEASE read the contract)

User

Hi Gunsure. So if I specify my weapons, (I currently have 1 x Section 13 and 1 x Section 15) does this mean that I will be covered under SD if I decide to use my Section shotgun rater than my Section 13 handgun? I See Section 16 is covered though now

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rustytrombone View Post
    Hi Gunsure. So if I specify my weapons, (I currently have 1 x Section 13 and 1 x Section 15) does this mean that I will be covered under SD if I decide to use my Section shotgun rater than my Section 13 handgun? I See Section 16 is covered though now
    Good day Rustytrombone, Yes you will be covered if you use a section 13 firearm in SD. All sections are now covered.

Kind Regards
    Gunsure

User

Gunsure

If we take the recent Woestalleen shooting incident as example where will your cover starts and where will it stop. Let us say the shooter was insured by gunsure (FA listed etc) for eg. He used his own FA to defend himself. During the shooting he ran out of ammo. According to the news report he did a "fieldpickup" and use the BG gun and defend himself further. So where does your cover starts and where does it stops.

If your answer is the moment when he touched the BG gun (not listed) means then the shooter is in real trouble. Does he defend himself knowing that a possible lawsuit is waiting from now on or for fear of a lawsuit doesnt pick up the FA and get wounded/killed. Remember this is reality. This is the nitty gritty of what your insure should cover.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsure View Post
    Good day Rustytrombone, Yes you will be covered if you use a section 13 firearm in SD. All sections are now covered.

Kind Regards
    Gunsure
    Section 13 is SD. His question related to his Section 15 firearm

User

ALL sections are covered, section 15 is covered yes.

User

Thank you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast