Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Failing to appreciate what we have

I struggle to comprehend how limited in capacity some folks are, I mean farmers, all over, let complete strangers wonder around their properties, unsupervised, with guns and permits them to hunt birds, mostly for free, but sometimes at a small fee, and are then greeted by sights like this. And apparently it looks like this in every little cut that goes into the fields.
    WingshootingPigs.jpg

How much does it take to pick up your hulls and put them in a plastic bag, I really wonder how long it is going to be before local wingshooters will not be considered welcome any more and shooting will only b available to the select few again, actually I think, contrary to my nature, at this stage I think I would welcome it. There are already farmers where this is starting to happen and it saddens me, as we will all be the poorer for it, but if this is the level of respect out there, then so be it.

If you read this and you have ever left such a mess in the field, I hope your head hangs in shame.

User

Default Re: Failing to appreciate what we have

Johann
    That’s outright disgraceful! As “hunters” we are often our own worst enemy. :(
    Unfortunately, it is also one of the reasons I rarely invite anybody besides friends to shoot. Another reason is “gun safety”…

User

Totally disgusting! But then again, so is littering in general...
    I don't understand how someone can walk onto another persons land and do that??

User

I take a lot of people out wingshooting,mainly geese.

I have built up a relationship with the farmers,some of which go back to my fathers days.

Do something like this and your invite to shoot with me ends.This tells me a lot about the nature and character of the person.

All i can say is to clean up yourself and report the matter to the farmer.You also do not want him to think it was you who made the mess.He should know who was responsible and can deny them permission to hunt on his farm in the future.

I am often told how lucky i am with the amount of farms that i have to go hunt.No luck involved...just common curtesy and respect for the farmers property...thats all.

The person who left this mess is the one who"s invites dry up.The bushes have eyes.

Banned

I invite a few persons/year to my farm to dove hunt. I tell them that all hulls, bottles, wrappers, etc. are to be picked up afterwards. The ones that don't are not invited back.

I reload my shotgun shells and most of the shooters give their empties to me for that purpose but it isn't mandatory.

User

And, shotgun shells are so much easier to find than brass.

User

Patocazador....nice of you to allow chaps on your farm to hunt.

But

If you have to tell them to pick up their litter/empty cases ect. then quite frankly they are not the chaps you want on your farm.These are the chaps that leave gates open,leave wounded birds,stretch bag limits ect.

We even pick up old wads at our waterfowl areas.Act as if the farmer/landowner is standing with you at all times and use common sense.

Sorry to carry on,but over the course of many years i have seen some really ass hole behaviour....mostly drink related or couldnt give a damn behaviour......can ruin things for everyone.

Did they miss a lot of is that a normal collection of shell casings?

User

It is a sunflower field which equates to rockies[rock pigeon].

In this sort of challenging shooting you are doing well with a 35% hit rate.

They arrive in flights totalling many thousand.A case of ammo does not last long.

User

SHOCKING! SHOCKING! SHOCKING!
    The farmers I know have not planted sunflowers this year.

I would love to come help pick up other morons hulls just so I have the opportunity to shoot Rockies myself. Just don't comprehend why someone would leave such a mess in nature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast